cursed?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

bazeal
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:34 pm

cursed?

Unread post by bazeal »

I have a cursed shield on my character Lennard.

I have been to a temple twice and paid to have my burden removed and had a PC cast remove curse on me. But i still can seem to get rid of it. Each time i try i get a message "this item cannot be transfered".

Is this a bugged item or am i doing something wrong?
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: cursed?

Unread post by DM Narshe »

Well that's normally how curses are removed but other properties can make something untradable.

Such as a DM setting an item to Plot, which means it's significant to a story they're running.

How did you find the shield?
bazeal
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Re: cursed?

Unread post by bazeal »

I thought I just picked it up off the floor, i think it was loot not collected by another player and left behind.

Its called Vergadain's sparse bone. It says on the item text cursed vergadain;s spare bone. other than that its just a normal heavy shield.
illithid
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:21 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: cursed?

Unread post by illithid »

The item sometimes need to be in the first inventory slot for remove curse to function correctly, i.e the top left box of your inventory
I never make mistakes…I thought I did once; but I was wrong.
bazeal
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Re: cursed?

Unread post by bazeal »

thank you, good tip.
Dale
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: cursed?

Unread post by Dale »

I've ran into the same problem. Picked up a cursed chain mail today and can't get rid of it.

I've been to the temple (and had the cursed item in the first inventory slot like illithid suggested), it didn't work. Had another player cast remove curse on me, it didn't work either.

It's more than a minor nuisance for me, the item weighs 40 pounds and my low strength hin can't even move properly...

Help is very very appreciated!
DM Eminence
Posts: 1762
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:05 am

Re: cursed?

Unread post by DM Eminence »

If it is a bug, please post in the Collective Issues, Suggestions, Bug Reports.

This is a forum for questions which only DMs can answer.


Typically though, if you have cast Remove Curse and the item does not have its curse tag removed, you can ask a DM to simply remove the item from you. I have heard of this happening before and it is not necessary for you to carry around the cursed item if you have exhausted all possibilities.
"Let us ever remember that our interest is in concord, not in conflict."
"And that our real eminence rests in the victories of peace, not those of war."
Retired.
User avatar
Darkcloud777
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: cursed?

Unread post by Darkcloud777 »

to my knowledge curses cannot be removed by the churches. (unless they made a change I was unaware of). You need to find a player to remove the curse. Typically the cleric or wizard will instruct you to build a fire and once the item is drop-able they are asked to place the item in the fire to consume it.

BTW what church did you go to that allowed for removal of curses?
Terri Lalani
Administrator of Phoenix Company
Dale
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: cursed?

Unread post by Dale »

Sorry for the late answer, the problem has been solved a long time ago.

Remove curse worked as it should after the server reset. So if anyone runs into the same problem and there's no DM on, just wait for a reset!
Darkcloud777 wrote:to my knowledge curses cannot be removed by the churches
Yes, that's correct.
User avatar
NCrawler
Recognized Donor
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: cursed?

Unread post by NCrawler »

I have found that remove curse potions work quite well if you right-click the potion and then left-click the cursed item. I have never had that fail me and I find a LOT of cursed items. Potions are hard to find though as I do not think a lot of clerics brew them. I do find the occasional batch for sale on the auction though.
Taran Seven - Divine Champion of Garagos
Lauren Seven - Swordmaiden looking for a new home (guild)

Return to “Questions for DMs”