Archmage Mastery of shaping
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
ionstorm20
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:11 pm
Archmage Mastery of shaping
I'm noticing that while I have mastery of shaping on, I'm still able to be hit by my own abilities. My friends in party are many times (But not every time) Immune to the spells, I am not. I almost killed myself many times with a cloudkill. Is there a list of spells that are not affected by it and I just happen to cast those mainly, or is it a bug that I need to post down there.
-
mrm3ntalist
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 7846
- Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:31 pm
- Location: US of A
Re: Archmage Mastery of shaping
Cloudkill is not a spell affected by the mastery of shaping. All "Cloud" spells arentionstorm20 wrote:I'm noticing that while I have mastery of shaping on, I'm still able to be hit by my own abilities. My friends in party are many times (But not every time) Immune to the spells, I am not. I almost killed myself many times with a cloudkill. Is there a list of spells that are not affected by it and I just happen to cast those mainly, or is it a bug that I need to post down there.
Mendel - Ranger, Harper, Villi | Malaggar Tiabbar - The Crimson Chord |Elias Raemir The Unyielding Aegis | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus
-
DM Narshe
- Posts: 1227
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am
Re: Archmage Mastery of shaping
I believe the persistent area spells remain unaffected, but the instantaneous duration ones are safe to use.
So Cloudkill would be dangerous still, but Fireball should be safe.
So Cloudkill would be dangerous still, but Fireball should be safe.