Intuitive Attack for Simple Weapons?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Caelin
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:41 am

Intuitive Attack for Simple Weapons?

Unread post by Caelin »

I've always had a mild monk obsession, and I'm wondering why Intuitive Attack doesn't work for simple weapons on the server. In the pnp feat it is supposed to work for natural and simple weapons, and yet here it is natural only.

The problem is it severaly limits options on monk builds. We only ever see monks here dual wielding small weapons, or going unarmed. I'd love to build a quarterstaff monk, or a spear monk... and yet with intuitive attack not working for them it makes such a build not really feasible. It would already be weaker than unarmed because the damage won't scale as levels increase.

Additionally I would think that the 2/3 monk level requirement would preclude any power building based off the idea.

So is there any chance we could open this up? I want to build a spear monk with a passion!
James Merlin - Traveling, Treasure Hunting Troubadour of Tymora
Garet Sunder - Monk of the Fallen Star
Duncan Thorne - Sellsword and follower of the Red Knight
Vivian Blake - Wheeler and Dealer (Merchant)
Bran Emberfist - Monk of the Order of the Four Ways
User avatar
Steve
Recognized Donor
Posts: 8196
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:42 am
Location: Paradise in GMT +1

Re: Intuitive Attack for Simple Weapons?

Unread post by Steve »

A very long time ago, Luna and the QC Team both agreed to allow Quarterstaffs to work with Intuitive Strike. And, it would be of even more sense, when hopefully soon, Sudden Willow Strike is introduced.

Jon Smythe - The Book of....

Essaar Arkae - True Essential Servant

Tsarzyn Ek'cla - Superiority Supreme

Khelboros Wyrmstone

Return to “Questions for DMs”