I remember a ruling that if a mule has a clearly OOC name, it cannot enter the gameworld.
However, would it be possible to ammend it that they can enter guild areas and stay there and act as the "Guild storage"?
Parking OOC mules in Guild areas for guild access?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Hoihe
- Posts: 4719
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 pm
Parking OOC mules in Guild areas for guild access?
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and memories without fail - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
-
DM Narshe
- Posts: 1227
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am
Re: Parking OOC mules in Guild areas for guild access?
You can't really interact with an OOC mule though, even if they're put in a guild area. Whatever transactions would be OOC and could more easily and appropriately be done in the Nexus.
Unless I've missed the intent of your question...
Unless I've missed the intent of your question...
-
Shad
- Posts: 328
- Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:36 am
- Location: Ukraine
Re: Parking OOC mules in Guild areas for guild access?
Maybe it meant to be some kind of guild treasury, scripted storage of sorts for guild use? Like Mudd's auction but guildwide.
Tad - mercenary of the Phoenix Company. Now spending most of time in Friendly Arms, where he rents a room.
Corwin - Who am I? - Lost memory after injuries in the Undead war..
Corwin - Who am I? - Lost memory after injuries in the Undead war..
-
Hoihe
- Posts: 4719
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 pm
Re: Parking OOC mules in Guild areas for guild access?
Sort of a. *Puts the latest guild-outing gained loot into the ship's hold* instead of waiting for the Nexus.
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and memories without fail - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
-
DM Narshe
- Posts: 1227
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am
Re: Parking OOC mules in Guild areas for guild access?
We've tinkered with a couple persistent storage systems in the past. I'm not sure what happened with the latest incarnation.
It's been a dangerous prospect to add to the game though. Imagine there being a bug with it or the cache being wiped when server updates or something...
What I've seen some guilds do is create a spreadsheet online to keep track of items. It's basically a way to inventory the OOC mules (which I believe were called various shelves, to better keep track of which one has what) and doesn't endanger any items.
It's been a dangerous prospect to add to the game though. Imagine there being a bug with it or the cache being wiped when server updates or something...
What I've seen some guilds do is create a spreadsheet online to keep track of items. It's basically a way to inventory the OOC mules (which I believe were called various shelves, to better keep track of which one has what) and doesn't endanger any items.