DM mdwagner's Events

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Layla0340
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am

Re: DM mdwagner's Events

Unread post by Layla0340 »

*12/19 event*

Mission Report:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=574011#p574011

Roster (7 PCs):
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=574066#p574066

*note: the above links point to private forum*
Sani - Mistress of Wands
User avatar
Darkcloud777
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: DM mdwagner's Events

Unread post by Darkcloud777 »

The Meeting at the lodge site



Administrator Terri Lalani Meet with Agents, Kro Kroneshanonobon, Saman Argoth, Ronin Marcus, Lucas, Drake Dashard, Belladonna, Nikas Belben, and James Watts to Discuss what would be needed for Guild Lodge. We meet at the site. Kro Mentioned that he did not recognize many of the faces so an informal role call was performed. Some work had already been put into clearing the Rubble and finding good stone that could be recycled. James thought smart and brought along a Dwarf named Durin Ironfaar citing that he might have ideas or contacts. One can never go wrong when you have a dwarf with you.

Image

Once it appeared that all who was able to make had come it was opened up as to what would be needed. Questions appeared to come first however when Drake asked "What are the expected costs to expand the Hall once it is built? Can we add to it easily?" Belladonna supplied the answer, "adding on will be much more expensive. Lucas asked the next question. "what would be in the basement?" Happily suggestions started rolling in. A hound kennel, a meeting room, a vault to store danger or cursed items, a holding cell, a wine and ale storage area.

As in all things the subject matter bounced around and quesions began again. This time from James, "Are we still wanting to pull in the cook from Beregost? i Figured it would be good to bring people in." Drake input, "perhaps we should prioritize? Figure out what things we absolutely *need* and in what order they are important?" Belladonna pointed out that we need our own bartender with his own stoke of wares or work to be given out. I agreed as I personally wanted the first floor to be open to the public so any new people to the coast would feel welcome to join our company. Drake agreed stating, "A common room gives us all a place to relax, and gives us the chance to help get new recruits."

Drake Gods bless him tried to keep things on track, "What would be the next most important room for us?" Lucas, "a ledger room? to keep track of everything?" Ronin, "A meet or planning room." Drake, "I was going to suggest either an armory or a vault, and And an infirmary, and a place for agents to sleep." Lucas, "a library would be nice..." Discussions ended when "Teacher". or "The Grandmaster" arrived speedily upon the scene.

I greeted Teacher. "Teacher these are all Agents." After quick introductions The Grandmaster spoke to us all asking, "tell me of the steps that brought you here on the path and why does the path lead to this place?" James spoke first, "So far me and some of Bella's crew have been working on clearing the rubble." I input, "We all found the code to be acceptable, but we need a place to call our own. This is an area plagued by bandits. we hope to bring a measure of safety for travelers." Kro spoke out, "The destination seems to be here before the steps were taken....seems this was the planned spot for awhile, Terri?" After a time of contemplation a pleased look covered the grandmasters face. "Tell me more of your footsteps child." I replied, "We plannned on this site some time ago, much debate went around as to naskel, or urgoths beard. Then it was mentioned the ruins here.... I would like the agents to each give there reasons." James then spoke out, "The ruins here helps us, and the location to the trade way helps with supplies." Drake then spoke up, The Reasons for joining the Company, or regarding the hall?" The grandmaster replied, "Yes." To clarify his statement is was announced he wanted what steps was taken thus far by the group to had reached this point.

Belladonna, "some of my friends have a camp here and have been helping to collect stones and clear debris as James said." James, "I brought Durin in to help with engineering questions. just cost me alot of ale." Me, "I have placed adds and poster looking for skilled labor. Many of the agents have worked hard and donated gold, and all of them have come up with ideas on how to improve the guild."

Teacher shows us the Southern Tunnel



Grandmaster, "Have you heard of the tunnels round here? has your path taken ye to the souther tunnel?" None of us could answer that with blank expression all around with the exception of Durin who perked up at the mention of tunnels and Bella who grinned in delight. With one one he set us on a path. "Follow." And follow we did. Delving into the ruins that we hoped to build on he showed us a hidden door leading down. We all ventured cautiously down. I had a chuckle at the hero's who make up our troop. Durin Ironfaar, "Oh ho ho! Bashin time!" Drake Dashard, "I dare say things just became interesting!" Ronin, "Does anyone mind if I take point?" I was so proud of off of my agents at that point.

Image

Both partied blinked in surprise when we came across each other. We stared in fascination for just a moment at the Drow Raiding party that was meters away from us. Then i heard James taunt ring out and the battle was joined. the place was a hell storm of blades and blood as wave after wave of Drow tried to break our defenses. Taunts continued to be called out and I swear I could hear Durin sing a happy tune. Ronin fought like a madman. Each foe he face soon fell before his mighty swings. Bella's sling sang harmony to it all as bullet after bullet whizzed to its unlucky target. Nikis showed his dance of death, weaving behind hapless drow to find there weak spots. I pulled out my wand of mending and danced as well, keeping people healed between casting my own missile storms. Lights flashed from Kros fingers as damaging rainbows flooded the tunnels. Next to me at times was saman, Blasts of cold freezing Drow frozen to be bashed to bits by the slightest touch. Lucas showed his extreme mastery of magics as he casted Devastating fireballs that refused to harm any of his allies. Then Nothing. My ears rang for a moment then up from the depths came a black wave.

Huge spiders! Lloths anger was being shown to us as she set forth her own conjured forces to face our weary line. our wall broke and they flooded though, causing our wizards, myself included, to seek shelter in shadow or invisiblity. The wall reformed and the flood began to trickle down and once again lights flashed from our arcane fingers as we drove the vile creatures back to the earth from which they had sprung.

We rested to regain our strength. Inky black tunnels stretched out in a maze that dazzled and daunted me. Onward we went however, if we intended to build on this site then the tunnels had to be cleared! The tunnel wend downward further and then widened out. I made mention that at least we had not seen any further drow or spiders when from behind a giant shadow appeared and sickness came with it. The Shadow dragon quickly overcame poor nikas who was taking up the rear. I called out to our fighter and was able to hold the line until our front line fighters could reach the scene. It went down quickly once I had help, then the Disciples appeared, clouds of acid rained down upon our group dazing several of the fighters. This was an area where the wizards took the fore. Lucas, Saman, Kro and withstood the dazing effect of the storm and blasted the disciples back to there creator, then quickly tended to our dazed fighters. We advanced and twice more fought both dragons and Disciples. Being prepared we did much better. At this point a dragon hoard drove us onward.

The tunnel opened up further and soon we found our self's within a HUGE underground glen. The Dragons hoard and lair was upon us as well as the remaining guardian dragons. A pitched and running battle occurred but slowly our three sided wall became two, then one and then there was silence. We all caught out breath at this point and licked our wounds, Many having fallen unconscious from the prolonged battle with multiple dragons. The light reflected from the hoard then, calling us to its rewards. One item each of us found to be of great value. For myself I found a very light armor. I will find an agent to use it soon enough I think. We all took what we could carry and made our way back to the surface. We Have secured the tunnels under our home and Soon we will have a nice fire to tell this tale.
Terri Lalani
Administrator of Phoenix Company
User avatar
Darkcloud777
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: DM mdwagner's Events

Unread post by Darkcloud777 »

We all met up in FAI before heading north to our meeting to go over details for the building of the new company Guild hall. Those who was able to attend this time included a consult for Gond named Urgosh Lambfire. The agents where Elly, Ronin Marcus, Sette, Kro Kroneshanonobon, and myself.

The Meeting began with me informing people that we had found an architect to design the lodge. Teacher assumed that the Gondsman was the builder but soon enough we straightened that out. the blueprints for the common room are done enough for a sneak peak so I will include a copy in this report.

Sneak peak at the newly designed Common Room

Image

Next up was a talk of whether or not the lodge should even be built at the current site. only one other location was mentioned as a possible site and that was along the river chauntie. I was completely against building on the flood plains and eventually it was put to a vote and everyone unanimously voted to build at the current site.

With that settled we looked to the gondsman to give us insight into the location. This is what he said:

"These old ruins are not to far gone. It would only take a shave and cut to get it back into working order. The foundation can be reused, with reinforcements. But some of it will have to be removed entirely." I told him of our 600,000 gold budget and he replied, "That would be enough, if you budget correctly.you will not have a large fortress, about this size at most. There is only one major concern I have. Is there a water table under here? Or has this well dried completely? If it has dried, well, you will have to import water here, as well as food, and the long term costs of that can be significant. Otherwise, the location is sturdy if you rebuild the path to the road. You can tear down the edges of the and outside layers of the previous fortress here, and use the foundation as long as you reinforce it. You'd certainly would make this road safer, and your merchant business will boom. Other than that, the only thing I can do for you is take measurements and scry the land. I'll go to my church, both of them, and ask the Engineers and the Merchants if they have any building materials for sell for reasonable prices." Things where moving along quite nicely then the raiding party attacked.

*Terri places the sign up announcing the future sight of the company lodge*

Image
AMBUSHED
My mind is fuzzy here and I was informed of much of this as for the first part I was knocked out. We was discussing the building and from over the hill Drow attacked! I was told I got a few spells off then got knocked out. I awoke sometime later. The battle had moved from my location and I was able to ward up and help to repel the attacking force. We then gathered up our group. Two others also fell to the Drow raid and we was able to revive them as well.

Sal Carr and Cirila Vix both assisted in tracking the source from where the drow had come from. That source was a cave that was nearby to the bandit camp. We was joined by Ertu and Maddy Thunderkeg when we reached the cave entrance and they agreed to help attempt to collapse the tunnel.

Well armed and warded we entered the cave. Twice we was attacked but both time we came out victorious and was able to slay two of the Drow necromancers. We finally reached the tunnel where the drow felt it worth guarding which told us it was the tunnel to the under dark. We slaughtered the forces there and then attempted to collapse the tunnel. I was unable to do so however and we ended up temporarily blocking the tunnel. Before blocking the entrance I left them my sign informing the Drow that they infringe upon the domain of another house and would face war if they encroach again.

*Terri tosses the sign warning the Drow that this land is claimed by another house*

Image

We need to go back and finish the job. That passage to the under dark will be closed to prevent any further raiding parties from attacking the surface and taking slaves.
Terri Lalani
Administrator of Phoenix Company
User avatar
Darkcloud777
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: DM mdwagner's Events

Unread post by Darkcloud777 »

First off I wish to aplogize for the lateness and shortness of this report in advance. I have no real excuse but I would like to first off by stating that there are still two council positions open! Please send a letter of interest to the appropriate location if you are interested.

Next item. I received word that the location we had selected had sinkholes. I posted warning signs for people to be aware of the problem. At the time of the meeting and after I informed everyone of this then Teacher asked that we look into the source for thes un natural sink holes.

Image

We searched alot of the caves. Most was only shallow indentations or collapsed. We did however find one cave that allowed us access to the maze of tunnels. We expected trouble, but we did not expect the drow champion. our first encounter we was able to force him to retreat. On our second encounter while we was otherwise engaged with a balor he ambushed us. We all fell with the exception of Council Elly. She was able to retrieve us. We then re entered the cave and was able to dispatch the champion after a heated battle.

We then resumed our search and eventually came to an area of glowing stone. I should mention that several ground shaking events had also occurred during our search. With a bit of luck we will be able to find the location again and make a through investigation of the stones.

In the meantime i summoned an earth elemental to close off the cave entrance until we can gather a group to do so. Hopefully soon.

Image
Terri Lalani
Administrator of Phoenix Company
User avatar
Tekill
Recognized Donor
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:12 am
Location: BC, Canada

Re: DM mdwagner's Events

Unread post by Tekill »

WE HAVE THE IDOL TO LOLTH!

And it is currently in the hands of the most trustworthy and dependable member of Pheonix Company- everybody's best pal - Kro Kroneshanonobon! Lets give ol' Kro an round of applause!
wooooo...yeah!

So what does Kro do with his new Relic that may just very well give him the power he needs to enslave all the drow and use them to take over the world! ((Lolth can do his laundry- oh yeah I went there!))

Kro goes to BG and Candlekeep libraries to research lore on the year 1090 DR, Idols to Lolth, Year of Slaughter and Battle of Bones. While during this research he will have cast:
detect magic
Ident magic
comprehend language (he knows undercommon already)
legend lore
True seeing

Kro RP's it so that the gnome at the FAI (forgot his name) lets him sleep in a small room in the Inn's attic. The gnome thinks Kro would scare all the other patrons away if he had a normal room...((not actually RP'd out...Kro just tells other players this is where he lays his head these days.))
So after researching the Idol and the related topics at the libraries of BG and CK ((whatever he is allowed access to)) - Kro takes the idol to his small room and casts spells on it and studies it closely trying to figure out anything about it, including how to use it.
He will try to use the idol.
He will cast the above spells on it to try and figure it out.
He will also be fully buffed - notable buffs include energy immune fire and acid, protect from evil, (a full list can be provided).

After all this research there may or may not be some temptation to cast gate or greater Planar binding - to summon an abyssal that may fill in some blanks ((but not in the attic of FAI)). This would depend on what info he has gathered up to this point. He would also hand off the idol to another PC agent, before any conjuring.

:twisted: What happens? :evil:
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
HappyDays
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:58 pm

Re: DM mdwagner's Events

Unread post by HappyDays »

(((OOC @ Kro - awesome.
User avatar
Darkcloud777
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: DM mdwagner's Events

Unread post by Darkcloud777 »

We met up at the appointed place at the appointed time. The wagons was waiting and pay was handed over. All that was left was to take it from the Drows clutches! Only one member of the Ebony blade showed up. Surprisingly it was the leader Griel. The rest foolishly refused to come. When Griel shows them the item he found they will regret that decision! We staged outside the cave and warded up. among the hero's in attendance was: Omar Afolab, kulial Kelten, Lucas, Elly, Maddy Thunderkeg, Ashe Hawthorn, Netanya, Greil Nightgale, Ghrimold, Stephanie Oz, Shirtza Viraghm, Agathion Benedictus, and Myself. when we arrived Drow poured out and attacked. We repelled them and this boostered our confidence and we then pushed into the cavern to face the real ambush.

Image

Drow raiders, priestess, necromancers, and Chosen of Lloth spiders quickly swarmed upon us as we entered. I was knocked unconscious and later awaken to see that we had taken the first cavern, but at a huge cost. Many besides myself had fallen. We rested and healed just in time to face the next wave. This time we was much better prepared and was able to keep a semblance of a formation. Eventually the wave trickled to a halt and we knew we had the upper hand. Or so we thought. We rounded a corned and came face to face with a very powerful demon. Unlike the first one this one took mighty cuts as if they were mere scratches. Long did this battle last. But I saw it guarded our prize and announced it to the group. We fortified our positions and held firm driving the unholy Demon back to the abyss that it sprang from. while the bounty was divided I put the elementals to work. they hauled the stone up out of the depths and delivered it to the wagon. I happily directed them as to where they could unload the stone... OUR STONE! We are well on our way toward our goal of owning our own lodge! Let the Phoenix Rise again!

*images of the stone that was delivered to the build site*
Image
Image
Terri Lalani
Administrator of Phoenix Company
User avatar
Darkcloud777
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: DM mdwagner's Events

Unread post by Darkcloud777 »

We met up this week to discuss two major items. The following Agents was in attendence. Council Elly, Agent Kro Kroneshanonobon, Ashe Hawthorn, Agathion Benedictus Bella was there but had to leave to handle some ship building issues.

The first major topic was the meeting with Kerl the foreman to barter for his services in regards to his crew building the Lodge. Kerl asked what exactly we wanted so we all listed off what it was we wanted done exactly. The first floor would consist of a common room that would be available to the public. A bar with seating and a proper hearth to enjoy. A kitchen to cook meals for guests. A private Meeting room for meetings and a private office for myself and to have smaller meetings with either council or one on one discussions with individual agents.

The 2nd floor would have rooms for rent for travelers as well a Library that would also be open to the public. There was some talk of a generic chapel being placed there but such matters need to be discussed fully with all of the agents.

The basement would house an infirmary and alchemy lab. The list went on but as stated earlier I really want a lot more input from all the agents before the final plans are put in place. At the end the foreman pointed out that this would be very expensive. Estimates ranged up to 600,000 gold and that was the sum Kerl the Foreman asked for.
Image

Terri Timidly hands over 600,000 gold to the foreman to retain his services for the building of the Phoenix Company Guild Lodge
Image

I ask all Agents to Please provide input on the layout of the place. where should we put rooms and what will be the rooms purpose. For myself I want to add a stable and a bathhouse that would promote travelers to stop in and stay the night if only because of the services we can provide.
Terri Lalani
Administrator of Phoenix Company
User avatar
Darkcloud777
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: DM mdwagner's Events

Unread post by Darkcloud777 »

*Report filed on aquiring Wood for the lodge*
I met with agent Ashe Hawthorn and Agathion Benedictus along with councils Elly and Kro Kroneshanonobon to discuss the plan of heading to Clearwater in an attempt to make a deal with the lumber town.

Right on time Griel Nightgale and Omar Afolabi of the Ebony Blades showed up. kulyeh Kinwarden also arrived and joined the group as he was a prospect of Griel's company.

Teacher Gave us his blessings and so we headed south. I had learned that Clearwater was northwest of the cloakwood with the trail being assessable only through a trail going through cloakwood. It was in the cloakwood that Marcel Cormier of the Ebony Blades joined us. Uniquely the trek was uneventful with no ambushes or loss of life.

The small town appeared to be prospering well when we all caught sight of the place. I learned from Griel that they had left some coin to assist in a rebuild. Upon reaching the gates we all disarmed and Griel asked to speak to Mayor Visloc. When the mayor arrived I introduced My company after Griel introduced his. After pleasantries was exchanged the Mayor asked what business he was required for. I told him we sought enough lumber to buid a lodge that would house 20 plus individuals. A price was quoted at 40,000 gold. This being the "Friends of Clearwater" price. Alternatively the Mayor offered to waive the cost if we was to "rid his lands of an ancient evil." We chose the ridding of evil option. The Mayor made mention that we would be facing hagspawn. I felt confident we could handle a few of the filthy witches. For some odd reason he only wanted us to clear the woods and not deal with the queen that resided in the cave.

Headed out to the woods I was in good spirits. After we cleared the woods we would be one step closer to having our own guild lodge. My good spirits vanished when we laid our eyes upon the Dragon that was "In the woods" that we had to clear. Surrounding the Dragon was what appeared to be 20 or 30 Deviled Hagspawns. A plan was formed and put into place. Ashe was quick and so he was to circle around and lure the hags. The plan worked well and we was able to dispatch most of the hags before the Dragon caught sight or sound of us and charged into the fray. Most of the Ebony Blades fell during the long battle with the exception of Omar who had transformed into a dragon himself. I was happy to see my agents performed exceptionally well with no losses.
Hidden: show
Image
I would note one item upon the death of the dragon however. When it fell a great darkness lofted over the woods then dissipated. We may have to revisit this place soon to put whatever is in that cave to rest.
Terri Lalani
Administrator of Phoenix Company
Bassman
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:31 am

Re: DM mdwagner's Events

Unread post by Bassman »

As a knight of the Silver Rose I have experienced many things and many emotions. But I have never experienced Fear to such an incapacitating value as last night. It was so overwhelming all I could do is run or become welcoming to death just to end its effects. It gives me pause and pain just to contemplate it.

I watched in horror as my comrades were taken down one by one, quickly in front of my eyes. This spirit angered by who knows why, or just fueled by pure unbridled evil. Devastated the ranks of the Silver Rose and the Radiant Heart. The spirit seemed to thrive upon violence given to it only to return the favor ten fold.

We were called by the clan Barnstock to investigate a spirit driven slaughter of their livestock. Unknowing of the true horror that awaited us. We traveled to the northern most reaches of the Cloakwood, near to where the defiled mansion lies. It is here that I was confronted by the shame of my uncontrollable fear awaited.

The initial battle ensued, by the time I opened my eyes only Lady Erza remained standing. She was busy assembling the bodies near me to raise from their unconscious state. Which I did quickly as I could.

Upon our second encoumter with this spirit all I can remember is such fear, that the bottom of the cliffs looked welcoming next to the fear I endured. I watched in horror as my allies fell, one by one, until the Spirit was finally defeated.

We fully expected to find something worse as we entered the mansion as we searched for what was behind this spirit. But only found a Liche inside. Imagine that........I think this is the first and last time I can or will ever say those words....”Only a Liche”. He was quickly dispatched but found no other clues.

As we left the Mansion we searched further North. Where we did finally find the Clans Farm house, but no inhabitants to be found, only a few of their horses that were left alive.

Upon reflection of our findings, I would give this word of caution to those that are brave enough to further ensue this investigation along with the Silver Rose. This May Have Been a Trap all along.

Therefore , we must consider different tactics on our next go round. We must consider the use of Mind Blank for non-paladins, this will be a must. Also consider that our weapons that we would normally use, should be reconsidered.

Also consider that even though we may have lost the first battle, it is just that, the battle, not the war. This will not be only be a test of our wills and resolve, but one to test our fears, how ever overpowering they may be.

I pray that we all find the Fortitude within ourselves to confront the evil that beckons us to our destiny.

Seth Siger
Knight General
Order of the Silver Rose

Return to “Archive”