He was running quests in BG with the AFK set above his toon's head, and I had to ask him what the deal was, being actually "active" but with the AFK flashing.
"ooc mode" was the answer, to which I responded: "I don't think we have OOC mode on this Server."
So, do we? I realize that there has been this unresolved issue of Gray Orcs being allowed into Baldur's Gate and other Areas to do Quests by using the AFK tag to "excuse" them of the fact. But does that now apply to any PC of any Race or Class or History if they want to milk the Quest Run for XP?
And in general: how much of an "ooc mode" are Players given, considering, and I quote:
As well, this post:Server Rules wrote:– This is a Role-play Server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world. Please respect the setting and stay in-character (IC). You can go out-of-character (OOC) if there is need for clarifications, or if you wouldn't be disturbing role-play around you by doing so (please mark your OOC speech by placing either (( , // or ooc: before or behind it).
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25385