DM Creo's Creative Creations Corner

Moderators: Moderator, DM

User avatar
DM Creo
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:13 am

DM Creo's Creative Creations Corner

Unread post by DM Creo »

DM Creo,

As a DM I promise I will try to...


"Remember when I was a kid who fell in love with dnd the first time I played? I will write adventures for that kid."

"That annoying guy in real life? I will put him in my adventure. He’s obviously memorable."

"I will ask myself if I would be excited about being a player in my own campaign. If not then back to the drawing board."

“I don’t know” is not a phrase that should be in a dm’s vocabulary.

"I will swap genres to surprise my players. Serious campaign? Add a bit of comedy to lighten the mood."

"I will remember that not every bad guy GROWLS at the pc’s. Some of the best bad guys are calm and collected and the best monsters have some sort of emotion."

"My pc’s should be able to create their own worst enemy. Every single pc should have something to lose in an adventure."

"I will give the pc’s something they’ve never seen before and will not save my cool stuff for the *next* session. Players aren’t guaranteed to come back."

I will...

PRIORITIZE THE GAMING EXPERIENCE OVER THE GAME’S RULES.

TRY TO MAKE CRITICAL FAILURE AS MUCH FUN, OR MORE FUN THAN A CRITICAL SUCCESSES.


and most importantly,

I Will Remember, I Control Everything But The PCs
I am Not the Storyteller, You Are!
I Am only an Obstacle Course.


What I ask of my players

During adventures please be patient. If your are sending a tell or trying to accomplish a task in character, I very much appreciate that sort of interaction. However I might be to bogged down by the toolset to respond immediately. If you do not receive a response, Please send your request again I am not and will never ignore your role-play.

Try to remain in character during events. Do not rest with out permission and please don't argue with me out of character. If you feel I have made a mistake then send me a private message or a tell after the adventure is over. If you have a complaint about my DMing send a message to the DM_Team, But please never complain out of character during the adventure. The enjoyment of other players must be considered.


lastly...

HAVE FUN and BE WONDERFUL TO EACH OTHER!
Last edited by DM Creo on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Wirg
An famous Orc who steals from humans. He has many incarnations and is known around the world as the best Orc thief.
Wirg is the best thief."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wirg
DM_Bloodlust: "Raptors never give RP's out."
User avatar
DM Creo
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:13 am

Re: DM Creo's Creative Creations Corner

Unread post by DM Creo »

There be more than just Hay in that there Barn

A group of adventurers and self proclaimed merchants were relaxing at a campfire near Baldur's Gate when a strange man ran up to them. "Guards, Guards!" he was yelling, But no Guards seem to come to his aid. The adventurers and self proclaimed merchants decided to assist the man who's name they learned was Timlin. He claimed that he was being robbed. After a short journey the group arrived at a barn which seemed to hold little more than hay. On closer inspection the group discovered a back store room that an entourage of surly looking thugs was looting. The leader of these thugs was a wizard named Orin.

There was a brief exchange between the wizard and the group, during which time he claimed that Timlin was a lowlife who owed his crew a debt. The adventurers and self proclaimed merchants said they would fetch the Flaming Fist to sort the whole mess out. The wizard Orin offered another deal, look the other way and the group could take half of the goods he was looting. The adventures and self proclaimed merchants were having none of it though and after some harsh words were exchanged Orin ordered his men to attack.

During the struggle Orin and his men were killed, Timlin the "farmer" was also injured and very nearly killed, He saved himself by playing dead while the fighting continued on. After the conflict ended the party searched the crates that were being looted and found they contained more than just hay. After healing Timlin the party questioned him about the contents of the crates. He admitted to "storing" a few thing for nefarious types and said that sometimes some of the things he was storing would go "missing". Given the opportunity to flee, Timlin commented on how nice the weather was in Luskan at this time of the year and ran off leaving the crates behind. The party decided the goods would be better off in the hands of the righteous and quickly commandeered the contents of the crates. Mi-Le the monk however stayed out of the combat and took no part in looting the goods left behind, instead he focused his time on cremating the bodies of the fallen.

Players
Jane Price
Maddy Thunderkeg
Krostin Dukesworth
Liam "The Golden"
Allie De'Lille
Mi-Le

Rewards
1500 experience
1500 gold for the level 30's
A large sack of coin pilfered from the wizards body by Liam
An assortment of lesser to moderate gems
A few casks of rare alcohol

Discoveries
Maddy Thunderkeg discovered that the wizard Orin was also likely a cleric of Talos and a necromancer
Last edited by DM Creo on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Wirg
An famous Orc who steals from humans. He has many incarnations and is known around the world as the best Orc thief.
Wirg is the best thief."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wirg
DM_Bloodlust: "Raptors never give RP's out."
User avatar
DM Creo
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:13 am

Re: DM Creo's Creative Creations Corner

Unread post by DM Creo »

The Hunting Party

A group was relaxing at the camp fire near the friendly arms when a young tiger stumbled from the bushes. Very badly injured it collapsed to the grass not far from the inn. Many were reluctant to approach the dangerous beast but some felt sorry enough for the creature to brave getting close to it. One lass in the group even managed to calm the tiger enough to dress it's wounds.

As the tiger recovered it's strength a group approached the camp fire. They consisted of a tracker a large bodyguard three fierce hunting dogs and a young man dressed in the finest of hunting wears. The young man that many of the group took to be a noble, demanded that they hand over his tiger. He claimed to have killed nine that day and would not be denied his tenth. While some of the group wanted nothing to do with protecting the wild animal others felt the tiger was to young to hunt. It was suggested the young man show his bravery by facing the tiger alone. To which he made very clear that his intention was to have his archer shoot the beast and then let his dogs finish the job.

The argument escalated to the point that the young hunter ordered his bodyguard to clear out the protesters. As the bodyguard came forward, sword drawn an elven archer among the group fired an arrow just over his left shoulder. This was simply to much for the bodyguard who promptly quit on the spot, storming away after giving the young hunter a piece of his mind. The tracker was next to seek other employment. After being called a coward by the young hunter for not wanting to fight the group he also left.

The young hunter was shaking with rage by now. With a warning that anyone who stood in his way would lose a hand, he ordered his dogs to attack. This created some chaos as the group defended the tiger from the dogs. The tiger fled in a panic attacking with tooth and nail anything that blocked its escape, Including one of the group. In the end the tiger escaped and the dogs were slain leaving the young hunter in tears of rage. He swore his revenge on the group for slaying his hunting dogs and denying him his prize. Claiming angrily many times that they would all be in trouble when his father found out about this! A number of the group may have been willing to leave the young hunter in a shallow hole somewhere but a forgiving and heavily armored man assisted him to the Friendly Arms Inn. Once there the young hunter said he would wait for transport back to Beregost. He thanked the armored man by throwing a few gold coins in the mud near his feet, coins the man did not pick up.

Players
Lysander Asperan
Thomas Ganderwynn
Celine
Raman Fenemein
Wyn'caelli Fourwinds
Micar'mizzyrn Iliathor
Sirion Te'dwa
Kitty
Damien Pacall

Rewards
1500 experience
1500 gold for the level 30's
"Wirg
An famous Orc who steals from humans. He has many incarnations and is known around the world as the best Orc thief.
Wirg is the best thief."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wirg
DM_Bloodlust: "Raptors never give RP's out."
User avatar
DM Creo
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:13 am

Re: DM Creo's Creative Creations Corner

Unread post by DM Creo »

// I have decided to close this thread. Simply, I do not wish for players involved in my events to have to fear meta-gaming by people reading detailed summaries of said events. I also find I would rather spend my time running adventures than writing reports on them. From now on I will be using this thread to help players keep track of my availability and to announce future events.

For two weeks I have been on vacation. That has left me a lot of free time to run events and fill player requests when I could. Unfortunately my vacation ends today and the busy season starts. I simply will not have as much time to dedicate to DMing. I know many of you are involved with on going plot lines that I am running for your characters or have requests that I have promised to fill. I will continue these plot lines and I will do my best to fill every last one of these requests. Please do not be discouraged if you do not hear back from me right away! If a week or more has passed resend your request. My free time is still dedicated to BGTSCC sadly I will just have less of it for the next few months.

Ty to all the players for your understanding and patience
Creo //
"Wirg
An famous Orc who steals from humans. He has many incarnations and is known around the world as the best Orc thief.
Wirg is the best thief."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wirg
DM_Bloodlust: "Raptors never give RP's out."
User avatar
DM Creo
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:13 am

Re: DM Creo's Creative Creations Corner

Unread post by DM Creo »

// Sorry guys I can not run the UD event this week. Unfortunately I have to work. Everything should be back to normal by next week.

Best,
Creo

link to the rumor
http://www.bgtscc.net/search.php?search_id=newposts
"Wirg
An famous Orc who steals from humans. He has many incarnations and is known around the world as the best Orc thief.
Wirg is the best thief."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wirg
DM_Bloodlust: "Raptors never give RP's out."

Return to “Archive”