Voicesets IC or OOC?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Eclypticon
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: USA

Voicesets IC or OOC?

Unread post by Eclypticon »

I have seen people get very upset IC over things that are said automatically because of a voiceset and leave group. Not every auto sound is fully knowable before playing, such as the Matron for example. Should players be held responsible for what their voiceset says automatically rather than intentionally?
User avatar
DM Ditto
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:47 pm

Re: Voicesets IC or OOC?

Unread post by DM Ditto »

Personally, I don't hold players responsible for the voicesets because I perceive that they're used more to indicate the kind of voice a character uses rather than taking it literally. :lol:

However, it helps to get to know the lines a voice pack will deliver so as to avoid embarrassing issues.
Forum Rules | Server Rules | PvP Rules

Text in pink is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the DM Team in general!
User avatar
Herisheft
Retired Staff
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:59 am
Location: Event Horizon

Re: Voicesets IC or OOC?

Unread post by Herisheft »

Eclypticon wrote:I have seen people get very upset IC over things that are said automatically because of a voiceset and leave group. Not every auto sound is fully knowable before playing, such as the Matron for example. Should players be held responsible for what their voiceset says automatically rather than intentionally?
Wait...What?

Image
I am your Rick Sanchez for today...and Simon Cowell for tomorrow.

Iglith Motrax - Girl with the saddest eyes...
Seteneptra Ma'u Vyacheslav- Red Wizard & Khazark of the Thayan Enclave

Evolution doesn't take prisoners.

Return to “Questions for DMs”