Lore question: Bard Colleges

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

kittenfish
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:50 am

Lore question: Bard Colleges

Unread post by kittenfish »

As the headline states I'm wondering about bard colleges. I've tried to google but searching sourcebooks I can't find has proven a bit difficult.

If anyone knows or is more talented than me at turning up information like this I'm wondering:

  • What colleges exist at this time, 1352?
    Where are they?
    Which specialize and if so in what?

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps answer this!
Wendy
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Lore question: Bard Colleges

Unread post by Maecius »

Definitely a tough question, since there's not a ton of lore on it and our server's timeline isn't exactly in line with the standard Forgotten Realms timeline.

This forum link has a lot of the research already worked out, though:

http://frc.proboards.com/thread/6435/ba ... ges-realms

The official Candlekeep forums have some more thoughts and sources:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3837

Finally, here's an in-depth look at a bard college that doesn't actually exist yet for our timeline, but can provide you an idea of how they sort of work:

http://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/cities/newolamn.shtml

Naturally, there's also nothing stopping players from organizing a Sword Coast bard college either. In fact, a few players were trying to do just that early last year.

Return to “Questions for DMs”