I'm getting a slight amount of confusion from the RCR and rerolls rules. Maybe just a simple misunderstanding, but I would like to ask anyway. The reroll rules state that I can't simply reroll a character, but the RCR forum says that if I RCR a character I want to continue playing to just mess up the name a bit then ask a DM to change it. I'm unclear as to what the rules for the RCR are.
Ps. The only reason I'm asking this is because I fudged my monk by taking a class in cleric and Don't just want to make a new character, because I like the relations the current one has. I'm down to Delevel, but would like to avoid it if possible.
RCR and rerolls confusion
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
DM Aureus
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:55 am
Re: RCR and rerolls confusion
I deleted your duplicate post if you don't mind. This one seemed to encompass the question best.
I can't find the exact rules on RCRing right now, but if I'm not mistaking (and I might be, so don't take my word on it), the rules you read are to make sure you are not a fighter one day, and a rogue the next. Your situation doesn't fall under that, I think.
Depending on the level though I'd look for what is more beneficial for you. The following topic shows you how much XP you'll lose at what level. Added to that you'd need to transfer all your gear when you RCR, delete the one character (through the RCR character in the Nexus), then create a new one with the same name.
In some cases it might be easier to ask a DM to delevel you to where you were still the correct build.
However, that is up to you.
I can't find the exact rules on RCRing right now, but if I'm not mistaking (and I might be, so don't take my word on it), the rules you read are to make sure you are not a fighter one day, and a rogue the next. Your situation doesn't fall under that, I think.
Depending on the level though I'd look for what is more beneficial for you. The following topic shows you how much XP you'll lose at what level. Added to that you'd need to transfer all your gear when you RCR, delete the one character (through the RCR character in the Nexus), then create a new one with the same name.
In some cases it might be easier to ask a DM to delevel you to where you were still the correct build.
However, that is up to you.
You can find me on my other account.
-
chad878262
- Posts: 9332
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:55 pm
Re: RCR and rerolls confusion
For RCR you also have to find another player/DM in game to hold on to your gold for you as there is currently no way to bank your gold, like you can do with equipment. So you either have to barter it to another player or lose it when you RCR. Generally other players are more than willing to assist by logging in to the Nexus to mule your gold for you (and some equipment if it is not too much and you forgot to put some in storage).
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE
Tarent's Wands and Elixirs
A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Tarent's Wands and Elixirs
A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
-
Evilroadrunner
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:17 pm
Re: RCR and rerolls confusion
Thanks for the clarification and sorry for the duplicate post. I didn't see that a post must be reviewed first and thought that something messed up.