Winter is a low ebb time for me creatively, so I tend to be more reclusive and less productive during that time. But spring is in the air.
So, after playing with the toolset in a game I bought recently called Aragami, I was unsatisfied with it and so I cracked open the toolset again and started working on that module I was talking about several months back - again.
I found some stuff on the web, namely Rowell's PW kit and CSF. This led to me building further with the CSF plug in and NWNX and MySQL files in my libraries. So, I'm all confident again and then I hit a new area of newbie in the whole dead zone with NWNX haha.
And now I cant live test my nifty looking mod areas because (probably the plug in) gives me a fun bug where the last button I pressed floats down by the lower left corner of the loading screen before that crashes to desktop.
So... you still looking for builders? Maybe I can trade off building workhours in exchange for someone telling me what to do to make an effective database setup haha. I can send someone erfs from what I'm making atm. Stripped of other people's imported scripts of course.
Otherwise, any advice on current methods of working NWNX would be kewl. I found something on the new vault that indicated SQL is a bit outdated and referenced a different program but the Rowells and the CSF specifically use the SQLlite. In any case, in order to make what I have workable without all the Rowells and CSF material I would have to strip off the old stuff into erfs and make a new mod base. Rising from the ashes and all that.
Hi again
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Maecius
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 11639
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Re: Hi again
I'll flag this for the build team. They're all geniuses, as far as I can tell, and can probably help you with the issue you're having.
You don't have to build areas for us in exchange. This forum's meant to encourage building and development in the community writ large, and is even open to other servers.
That being said, if you'd like to build for BG:TSCC, we aren't really in the habit of turning away talent. At the moment, we're a little more focused on refining and fine-tuning existing areas, as opposed to adding new areas, because we're trying to combat our crashing problem (which we think is largely due to the module's being too darn big, and too populous, for NWN2 to handle it). But if you have samples of your work you could send to us, we'd be happy to look at them.
Additional information about joining the team can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47
That being said, if you'd like to build for BG:TSCC, we aren't really in the habit of turning away talent. At the moment, we're a little more focused on refining and fine-tuning existing areas, as opposed to adding new areas, because we're trying to combat our crashing problem (which we think is largely due to the module's being too darn big, and too populous, for NWN2 to handle it). But if you have samples of your work you could send to us, we'd be happy to look at them.
Additional information about joining the team can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47
r e s o u r c e s :
- BG:TSCC Wiki
- Community News
- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC-
Maecius
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 11639
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Re: Hi again
Aspect of Sorrow linked me to this, which he thought might help you?:
http://nwnx.org/index.php?id=nwnx4_installation
http://nwnx.org/index.php?id=nwnx4_installation
r e s o u r c e s :
- BG:TSCC Wiki
- Community News
- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC-
walpurgisknight
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:49 am
Re: Hi again
Hey. yeah - sorry I didn't get back sooner. I was in a semi-state of mourning for not being able to play my project, haha.
I'm thinking maybe there was some incompatibility somewhere. There was also one situation where I misclicked before closing after a build session and my selector was still on drawing an encounter. My window was open to an area where my cursor was resting outside of the mesh boundary and I got one of those errors where it tells you its closing the toolset and I did a jerky thing where I tried to save it before it closed heh.
I probably just need to move everything to erfs and start over without the plug in and scripts. I just need time to regen for it, creatively speaking. Setback psychology haha.
I still wouldn't mind helping you guys, even if to rebuild areas. I know that road between the FAI and BG has some wacky hills in it. No offense meant. Though if you were to do things to reduce lag, what I would go for doing is placeable amount and area size 'budget cuts'. Also NPCs that wander around but who are there for flavor. I also noticed you guys have a lot of trees, and they are supposed to be giant drains. The suggested amount of tree types in any area is three max, and there are cards that work really well if just placed in the background.
I could send you two areas that demonstrate how I use trees and background cards if you want.
I'm thinking maybe there was some incompatibility somewhere. There was also one situation where I misclicked before closing after a build session and my selector was still on drawing an encounter. My window was open to an area where my cursor was resting outside of the mesh boundary and I got one of those errors where it tells you its closing the toolset and I did a jerky thing where I tried to save it before it closed heh.
I probably just need to move everything to erfs and start over without the plug in and scripts. I just need time to regen for it, creatively speaking. Setback psychology haha.
I still wouldn't mind helping you guys, even if to rebuild areas. I know that road between the FAI and BG has some wacky hills in it. No offense meant. Though if you were to do things to reduce lag, what I would go for doing is placeable amount and area size 'budget cuts'. Also NPCs that wander around but who are there for flavor. I also noticed you guys have a lot of trees, and they are supposed to be giant drains. The suggested amount of tree types in any area is three max, and there are cards that work really well if just placed in the background.
I could send you two areas that demonstrate how I use trees and background cards if you want.