I was wondering what the role-play implications were of this summon.
Should it be easily distinguishable from a regular human female? If not, then what sort of skills or abilities would allow you to do so?
Those of you that have used it in role play, what was the general reaction? Was there solid RP, some metagaming, or what?
Overall I have only tested it out in a more or less OOC fashion (careful not to be seen, etc) and didnt see a lot of use for it.. does it cast spells or heal or anything that I might have missed?
Edited to note: When appraised via the in-game tool it says a female cretin. Is that a specific D&D term or does it carry the more common definition? I've played the game for a long time and dont recall that being a classification of creature (like giant, undead, construct, etc). Any ideas there?
New Summons - Brachina, Human
Moderators: Moderator, DM
-
Planehopper
- Posts: 2297
- Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:50 pm
-
YourMoveHolyMan
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:11 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: New Summons - Brachina, Human
That, to me, is oddly hilarious.
You just suddenly summon some random lady?
Brachina: " - and thats why I never use a pot roast to entertain... wait, where am I? Gods be blessed not again - what now!"
Summoner: ".... can you help me fight this orc?"
You just suddenly summon some random lady?
Brachina: " - and thats why I never use a pot roast to entertain... wait, where am I? Gods be blessed not again - what now!"
Summoner: ".... can you help me fight this orc?"
Michael Dunn
“It'll be your damnation, boy. You'll wear out a hundred pairs of boots on your way to hell.”
― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
“It'll be your damnation, boy. You'll wear out a hundred pairs of boots on your way to hell.”
― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
-
dedude
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1550
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:21 am
Re: New Summons - Brachina, Human
The Brachina is a pleasure devil that is really good at not being detected as a devil. She is obviously very charismatic and uses her high bluff skill to overcome even divinations such as detect evil. If she wins, the loser will think she is the BOMB! She would probably very rarely be recognized as anything but a beautiful woman, unless her actions give her away of course.
She is a caster/enchanter, and her melee attacks (embrace) drain the target's wisdom
PS: Not a random lady!
She is a caster/enchanter, and her melee attacks (embrace) drain the target's wisdom
PS: Not a random lady!
-
dedude
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1550
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:21 am
Re: New Summons - Brachina, Human
Oh and remember (Greater) Planar Binding isn't summoning. The devil you just called to come visit you isn't compelled to do your bidding, unless you convince her to do so. So you better have something good to offer a pleasure devil who is probably fairly good at negotiating. 
-
Flasmix
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:22 am
- Location: Cult of Skebbeton HQ
Re: New Summons - Brachina, Human
Yes please.YourMoveHolyMan wrote: Brachina: " - and thats why I never use a pot roast to entertain... wait, where am I? Gods be blessed not again - what now!"
Summoner: ".... can you help me fight this orc?"
Wirg to Pug: "Iz lat dun?"
Pugratix to a snarky militia man: "Mmmm. Not yet. I will live for hundreds of years and be heralded as one of the greatest forces of destruction on the face of the world. The only thing you can destroy is the outhouse."
Pugratix to a snarky militia man: "Mmmm. Not yet. I will live for hundreds of years and be heralded as one of the greatest forces of destruction on the face of the world. The only thing you can destroy is the outhouse."
-
Planehopper
- Posts: 2297
- Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:50 pm
Re: New Summons - Brachina, Human
Thank you.. and a huge thanks to Nachti for all of the new summons, again, by the way. They are fun to play around with! I would owe you big time if you could add in a few more non-evil genies, especially one available through LN Greater Planar.. ((A ramped-up Jann, a Qorrashi, or Khayal?). Since they are largely humanoid-ish the models wouldnt be horrible to figure out, right?
I've read up on many of the summons in an attempt to RP them and about them correctly. I like the concept of this one, but wondered if the players were meta-gamey around it. I don't want to say what I assumed, but I havent used it much in public. I was hoping some people had some personal experience with them.
I've read up on many of the summons in an attempt to RP them and about them correctly. I like the concept of this one, but wondered if the players were meta-gamey around it. I don't want to say what I assumed, but I havent used it much in public. I was hoping some people had some personal experience with them.
dedude wrote:The Brachina is a pleasure devil that is really good at not being detected as a devil. She is obviously very charismatic and uses her high bluff skill to overcome even divinations such as detect evil. If she wins, the loser will think she is the BOMB! She would probably very rarely be recognized as anything but a beautiful woman, unless her actions give her away of course.
She is a caster/enchanter, and her melee attacks (embrace) drain the target's wisdom
PS: Not a random lady!