How to roleplay dwarf speech?

Moderators: Moderator, DM

User avatar
Mac
Recognized Donor
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:46 pm
Location: California, Usa

Re: How to roleplay dwarf speech?

Unread post by Mac »

Someone had a list of Dwarven words they shared with me at some point. I will try to find it. I remember...

Azoa is Yes in Dwarven
Former DM Creo 2017 CC Appointed Jul 27 2016 Removed May 21 2017
Sara Denton "Ashley" Fled the Swords Coast
Macgar Blackbrew Returned to Tribe Raymar
Belladonna (Dead) Once Captain of the Dragonwing Outlaw, Pirate & Friend
Nroc Living a life at sea
User avatar
V'rass
Posts: 1251
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:48 pm
Location: Concord, N.H., USSA

Re: How to roleplay dwarf speech?

Unread post by V'rass »

Sounding like Scotty from the first Star Trek helps.
"To understand magic one must first understand magic."






Agathion Benedictus: Holy Priest. Retired for now.
Tiax Rules-All: Gnomish madman. Retired permanently.
Exordius Vrass: Cleric/Mage. Currently active.
User avatar
wurdpass
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 4:24 pm
Location: how's the family?

Re: How to roleplay dwarf speech?

Unread post by wurdpass »

If anyones run into Bowgli recently Id be interested in how his dialect is being received

I have been replacing I with "Ah" which sounds right in my head but not sure if its making everyone crazy

He doesnt have a traditional dwarf background, but yea Im going for kind of an Aussie/Scotsmen pirate thing

Return to “Archive”