Moderators: Moderator, DM

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Dasha's journal.

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

Those dreams... Again...

30th of Hammer

I had always had those dreams.
The field... The moon... The red fog... The hunger...
Feast... Flesh... Murder...
Stop! I feel like I am fading while writing this!

Honestly, I was never writing no crappy diaries, but this time... This time I just need to document this. Something is wrong, very-very wrong.

It began when a friend of mine, Ayita Feine, was speaking to Nog the auctioner. That old scallywag told her a story about an mad elven druidess that looks like her. And what do you think? That is right! We began the search.

It happened at the road to the south of Soubar. I can't recall what was going on, I just woke up surrounded by tormented wolven corpses. Looks like I fainted or something, but Ayita kept talking some bullshit about me turning into the monster! Who would believe this nonsense?

I am writing it while camping near Eldath's shrine with Ayita and Sindri Dagur, the only witty orc I have met. We failed to find that insane druid, but we are having a good time... for now.

Not sure if this serious or not, but omens are really bad.

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Re: Dasha's journal.

Did I just... eat the...

31st of Hammer

This was another dirty work in the dungeon for me and Tsuuka. Ironically, I am much more familiar with this part of the Upperdark than my drow companion. Scouting the ruins of Blackrock led us into Kro's labyrinth — a forsaken place infested with giant spiders and rats, bew... Those vermins are giving me chills!

Looks like we weren't the only adventurers traveling here, but certainly not the most unlucky. A bunch of fresh corpses was spread across the coridor, covered in web and ooze. The blood was liquid, some of it wasn't even cold...

I swear, I have no idea what happened there! I was lying at the ground, and Tsuuka was sitting near. He offered me some kind of medicine. Can't say he was worried, but rather confused or even scared...

And then I took a look at my hands. They were covered in blood, and something in my mouth... I spit out a piece of rotting meat, it was so revolting! I started to vomit. I had no idea what was going on there! It was absurd! And I just... I can't believe it! What did the piece of dead corpse do in my mouth?!

This was a bad day. We left those caves in haste and now we are sitting in some svirf hole called the Inn. Tsuuka told me that I had turned into the monster and started consuming the corpses, and then I tried to attack him. I would have never believed this crap, but this time I hardly believe that this is just a coincidence!

Bloody hells, what is happening to me?! And what do I do now?!

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

I need to hide...

2nd of Alturiak

I spent the past day being a statue in the blasted gnoll caves. Never, never look in the eye of the beholder! I was occasionally rescued by a spellcaster from Candlekeep. He was impressed by the fact that I fought my way here alone and even offered me to try myself as a guard of candlekeep (or however this position is called). What a nonsense!

A few hours ago I met Ayita. We bought some good wine and spent several hours in a luxury bathing room of Phoenix Company. I needed to talk with Ayita about my curse, but it was not a good time for this. Few bottles later I decided to show Ayita the town of Gullykin. I don't remember if it was her idea, or was it my drunk decision?

At Gullykin itself we had witnessed a suspicious scene. A group of powerful adventurers is standing infront of army of hins accompanied by amnian soldiers. I had absolutely no idea what is going on. Hin guardsmen demanded my name and I was honest with them, but they started mocking my demonic nature, some were staring at me with hatred and contempt in their tiny eyes. Although they allowed us to enter, I was not going to tolerate their outrageous attitude!

Everything went worse and worse. We decided to visit an abandoned chappel, but we were defeated in a humiliating way! The cultist residing inside had cast a spell that forced me to laugh like an idiot while I was dying! Were we saved by some divine force, or was it just charity from some mighty savior?

Today we were absolutely in no condition to fight. We were heading to the Friendly Arm Inn in order to end this stupid day. I asked Ayita if she has some detection spells. I felt like we are watched. But suddenly we were ambushed by a huge mob of goblins led by the strongest greenskin I have ever encountered! They were stronger than us, they wounded us hard and we were lucky to escape this fight alive. It was better to turn back, but the blood was boiling in my eyes.

I was feeling no fear. Only the hunger.
I wanted to drink their warm blood...
Consume their beating hearts....
Devour their very existence...
The feast has begun...

...I was lying on the ground, completely exhausted and unable to move, surrounded by dead greenskins. With shaking hands I grabbed a bottle of wine and spilled some of it into my mouth. Ayita helped me to get up. And I was absolutely right. We were watched. I understood what happened now, and that elven witch from the Gullykin had seen it as well.

At the Friendly Arm Inn I kissed Ayita in her forehead and bid her farewell. Now I need to find a calm cave to spend this long night...

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Time to get to work before I go mad...

4th of Alturiak

I spent that night in some forgotten caves in the Upperdark. I had those horrible dreams once again, and the scariest thing is that I don't know if they were real or not. Was I sleeping — or was I turned into that abomination again? Looks like I got some new wounds...

I have returned to the surface. It is time to start some business before I lose my mind completely. I've spent about nine bags of gold purchasing the finest wine of Phoenix company. I knew just where to find the customers...

I took the caravan to Soubar, and there I heard some troublesome news. It looks like that from this day zhents decided to block the caravan route for some unknown reasons. What do I do now? I have invested so much in this shipment and I must deliever it. I had to make my trip through Fields of the Dead and Troll claws. If I were myself a year ago, I would have been already killed by troll or that bloody trap I stepped into, but... I feel so strong now. And this frightens me. Just because I feel that this power doesn't belong to me, it has some sinister nature...

By the end of the day I was sitting at the bar in Bregan D'aerthe hall. Yes, I have decided to act straightforward! The first member came in, we started our talk. This drow in red mask didn't introduce himself. The second member came in, his name was Keeshe. After I showed them my wares I was invited to the table.

Finally the leader came in, his name is Daug'aonar. Not sure if he leads this organisation, but he was in charge at that moment. We started discussing our business. Finally I sold him the wine shipment for twelve bags! And it looks like we are going to continue our partnership. A pleasure working with persons like them.

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

I must not let it break out...

7th of Alturiak

Gloura's was crowded today. Five drow near the bar, including Keeshe and R'ju, couple of gloomy orcs discussing something in the corner, and one extremely loud duergar who was yelling battlecries while fighting the roaches. As for me, I was keeping the distance from all of them and just enjoying my fungus wine. After the third bottle I decided to go for a walk to the spore grove.

When I was returning to Sshamath I met Keeshe talking to the suspicous female drow who was asking me some absurd questions before, like she was suspecting me in something. Keeshe said that this woman needs to steal a baslisk egg and retrieve something from the tomb. He asked if I want to help them, and before I could answer he just teleported us away!

We landed just in 2 feet from the giant basilisk broodmother! Of course I had to fight for my life! Since we were already standing in the Underdark wilderness in many miles away from the civilization, I had nothing to do but to help them in their silly searches. After stealing the egg we fought our way back to the tomb.

At the tomb itself my huge sword appeared to be quite handy, since Keeshe's little daggers (shortswords, excuse me, hehe) and that woman's bow were nearly useless against the undead. Everything went good, what could go wrong?

The second level of this dungeon was different. Many bookshelves around, but instead of books they were filled with rotting flesh, so warm, so smelly...

I caught this moment. I was obviously fainting, again! But there was nothing I could do... The flesh... so sweet... Must consume... Devour... Tear apart... No! I must... Eat... Grrrghgh... Rawrrgh...

"Slap my cheek!" — I yelled, and I immediately recieved a strong punch in my face from Keeshe. I felt so lost, so confused... I rubbed my cheek trying to understand what is going on... I closed my eyes, but the smell was so strong... So attractive... I realised that right now there is no way to resist it! I fled upstairs, and when my companions arrived they were obviously asking about my strange behaviour, but I was avoiding those questions. Wish I could know the answer myself...

This venture ended up with me and Keeshe hiding from the sun in Winding Way Inn. He demanded a payment for the teleportations! We agreed on discounts for Bregan D'aerthe though. We decided to stay at this Inn for now. Lets see what awaits us tomorrow...

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Time to punish those arrogant "heroes"...

10th of Alturiak

That day I was going to purchase another shipment of wine for Bregan D'aerthe. I was walking along the trade way, and occasionally found my path blocked by an imposing group of adventurers. I started recalling everyone I fooled around, but they weren't hostile. They let me through, although they didn't want to talk to me.

I was curious. I asked them what are they up to, but they were rude to me! That pale elven wench (I wrote about her before) was here, and she told me something like "Mind your business, tiefling", other elves agreed with her, and that gnome in red hat started joking about my tail! After that they just left me, but I was curious and angry at the same time!

I waited several minutes and started tracking them. I found them speaking at the crossroad at Thundar's Ride. Hiding behind the huge rock, I was greedily overhearing their talk, and to be honest I was surprised by what I have heard.

Those arrogant jerks are making their way to the Upperdark! That is right, the Upperdark. I wasn't really shocked by their destination, but rather by their attitude. They were talking about this trip like it is something casual and simple, like they are robbing those dungeons on daily basis, and today they just have another boring trip.

I didn't like it. I know the Underdark dwellers quite well. This is hard to explain, but... I just felt that this is unfair. Those silly adventurers must not ravage the Upperdark, that is not right! They don't belong there! They are paying no respect to other races they claim to be "shady", they must answer for this!

I was shivering, hardly controled myself... Want to beat them... Make them bleed... Tear apart... Devour... Consume... Hiss! Not now! As the crew started to move, I have drunk an invisibility potion and ran to the Troll Claws along the other road. I had a plan in my head, and I was too frustrated to not let it happen!

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

[Looks like there must have been a page here, but it is missing for some reasons. Was it lost during the fight, or perhaps it was torn away intentionally?]
(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

I deserve these wounds...

23rd of Alturiak

I was drunk as a dwarf that day, it was my fifth or sixth bottle of fungus wine. I am trying not to fall from a chair, while Nawiel is mocking me and Keeshe pretends to be serious, again. I don't care. I booze for last week or two, and I am not going to stop now. Screw this crap! "I am makin' my way to Spiderkiss..." — I had pronounced these words with a huge effort and made my way there.

I was lurking in the dark coridors of Spider's Kiss trying to find the room.
"Here you are..."
Damnable Keeshe! He couldn't just leave me alone! He crossed his arms, he said he came here to make sure I won't do anything stupid! Fine! I told him to show me the bath.

And here I stand in the public bathroom. Warm steam strokes my face while I am slowly unlacing my armor. Keeshe stands behind me, he deprecates me. Steel plates fall on the floor as I slowly enter the hot water. The drow keeps blaming me, and I yell back. He calls me a drunkard, he promises to leave me, but then he stays to shout at me again when I recall the day when he was sleeping on the bench in the center of Sshamath surrounded by empty whiskey bottles.

Our quarrel ended up with awkward silence.
"Go swim with me..." — I said.
Keeshe was a bit confused, but few minutes later he joined me. I was so depressed at that moment. I couldn't hold it inside of me any longer.
"Screw it... Gimme your little dagger, I am going to end this!" — I demanded.
Of course he refused! He didn't take it too serious! But he only made things worse! Every day it is the same... I feel this hunger... I feel this pain...

The thing inside of me was awaking. My voice was begging for help, but my mind fainted...

...I opened my eyes. This was the worst hangover ever possible. I had crawled to the water and started consuming it with greed. Keeshe was near. I asked him what am I doing with him at the swimming pool nearly naked.
"Trying to kill me." — he said bluntly.

I was sitting in the water, slowly watching the puddle of scarlet liquid spreading around my torso. My body was covered in dagger wounds, some of them nearly lethal. I know that it was Keeshe's work, but I could not blame him for that. While he was tending my wounds I noticed some maims on his body as well. I understood what actually happened. I am a monster... He should have killed me for what I was trying to do to him! I felt so guilty! But he was calm as usual, still pretending to be serious...

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

I have made a really silly decision...

24th of Alturiak, morning

This was a stupid decision, but I made it! So here I am, standing in my underwear near Friendly Arm Inn with a frying pan in my hand, another hand lies at my wounded bandaged stomach, and the crude sign near me states — "LOOKING FOR DRUID".

It was expetected that I would find any sorts of troubles instead. That pale bitch, Elspeth, and her henchwomen — Cylissa and Aries (oh yes, today I've finally learned their names). They approached to me, and of course Elspeth started accusing me of "hanging with drows", how trivial! Sure, they couldn't have chosen the better moment to intimidate me! They were joking about my frying pan, but I promised those wenches that I would use it to smash their arrogant faces unless they stop threatening me! Oh, they have no idea how dreadful this pan is in the right hands!

Our conflict was interrupted by a weird man in blue shirt. He read my sign and told me that he can help me. Few minutes later I was sitting at the bench near Silver Rose chapter. He talked to the guards and said that the shaman is about to come and I have to wait. It was so cold on the street, and I literally had no clothes with me! Right at that moment we were accompanied by a charming woman called Seleena. She tried to tend my wounds but I refused! I must suffer for what I have done! Then she offered a massage and I agreed.

Seleena covered me with her cloak and started massaging my arms while telling a story about herself using fireballs in order to make a groundwork for building the Silver Rose keep. Oh, I hope nobody will know, but massage is my weak spot...

I already didn't like this holy order involvement, but then the "shaman" approached. Do they think I am a fool?! This "shaman" was looking like a holy knight in the shining armor, literally. So called "lady Elvina", the knight commander of that order. She and that man in blue robe (Jard his name) — they both were emanating unhealthy poisionous aura! After a short discussion it turned out that they both have "celeshtilal" (or however this crap is pronounced) blood. I have no idea what it is, perhaps some kind of plague? Anyways, I can't reveal my secrets to some bloody paladins! I have left them in haste.

I was standing with my sign near the Inn entrance, but I couldn't find any druids or even shamans. Elspeth has left, while Cylissa and Aries were discussing something about tieflings who have nightmares. I could not ignore this! I started asking them about this matter. No useful information unfortunately, although those girls were kind to me. That pale bitch sure has some bad influence.

About the bitches, by the way. A huge bulky woman approached and started insulting me with no reasons! "Get out of 'ere, you feck'n heard me, you snark arse shite" — she told me using some mix of common and orcish, whatever. I told her to buzz off! I came closer to the gates. That abomination was stupid, but not enough to start a fight infront of guards! She had to retreat, she was lucky to avoid the punch of my devastating frying pan! But to be honest, I doubt that I could have won a fight against that walking bunch of muscles, especially with such wounds and without my gear. Perhaps with the help of my... No! Must get rid of this curse!

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Interrogate me one more time, oh yes...

24th of Alturiak, night

The evening was closing in, and Cylissa came to me and told me that she wants to talk with me... in private. That certainly looked like Elspeth's ambush, so I demanded to talk at the Inn hall, and Cylissa agreed. We were sitting on the chairs near the fireplace, she bought me some crappy ale. Instead of actual business I have heard a stupid preach about my relations with drow and how bad it is. I was denying everything! People were turning their heads at us after our hot dicussion, so I told a joke. "What is the common thing between this hall and drowish necklace? Too many ears around!". Oh, her facial expression was priceless! But she had nothing to do but to follow me.

This was the second time in a day I attended a public bath. Let us hope this time I will avoid the carnage... She wants to get the information from me — fine, but she got to follow my rules in this case, hehe. I jumped into the water and told Cylissa to get her armor off. She agreed with suprising ease, and I must admit that her body was gorgeous — graceful and muscular at the same time.

So, we were sitting in the hot water, and before she could start her questions I heard footsteps. A bizarre woman in old robe and mask approached. She was just standing and staring at us. She didn't talk, perhaps an assasin? But we were finally able to persuade her to join us. She took her rags off, and in fact she appeared to be a human woman of the middle age. She sounded very-very weird, she told she is going to cut my tail, but few seconds later she started splashing water at us! She introduced herself as "Ginger".

"Your friend the elf is a bad lady" — Ginger said, and we all knew she is referring to Elspeth. After a short and suspicious conversation, Ginger has invited me to the barkeep. I followed her, and there she gave me a bottle of cheap wine.
"Will see you soon..." — Ginger said before leaving the Inn.
This certainly looks like some anti-Elspeth conspiracy, but I decided to return to Cylissa for... I just decided!

Cylissa kept asking her trivial questions and I kept pretending that I don't know anything, but things have changed when I asked my wild-elf bath companion to rub my back... As I mentioned before, the massage is my weak spot, and Cylissa was better than anyone else at this. My body was shivering with pleasure as her strong hands were stroking my shoulders. She certainly was close to getting all the secrets out of me, but I am not that easy to defeat! Let us play this game, Cylissa.

I offered her to rub my tail as well, and she agreed with interest. She was massaging my tail while its tip was sliding along her cheeks.
"You know, we could have been good friends on another life." — she said.
We both knew that we are playing the game, that we are on the opposite sides, but damn! This felt sooo good...

And of course she asked about my wounds. Few hours ago I would have shouted at her like it is not her business, but now I decided to tell her the truth. I told her about that slaughter at the Spider's Kiss bathroom. Would she sell this information? Perhaps. But I didn't care at that moment. I just found myself crying like a damn little girl in Cylissa's warm embraces.

Cylissa was blaming Keeshe, I shouted at her, she apologized... This all happened so fast, and few minutes later I was tickling Cylissa's ribs, which quickly turned into some kind of water wrestling. Some people were knocking at the door, but I yelled at them and they had to leave. I was embarassed at those moments. It is hard to explain, but...

We were stroking each other, our hot breathes felt like steam. She asked me about my past, and I was telling her everything, slowly, gently, biting her precious pointed ears from time to time. I have told her too much I guess, but this was worth every minute I've spent with her. I am still confused about what happened between us, but it was one of the most exciting things I have done in my life...

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

This journal is getting way too sentimental...

25th of Alturiak

Once I got my gear back I have returned to the Friendly Arm Inn. I was still looking for a druid — and there is still no use. I found a mage who sent a tell to her fire zhazazee (oh however this pronounced) druid friend called Teris, and I was waiting for like plenty of hours — nobody has come!

I've met Elspeth and her crew near the Inn. They were still showing off, but then Ginger has joined me. It looks like she is much more powerful than she seemed to be. She started threatening Elspeth and her henchwomen, and I was sincerely enjoying this. It could even turn into the carnage — why not? That bitch certainly deserved it.

But instead of supporting my newly acquired ally I started mumbling some pathetic bullshit, I was begging Ginger to stop the quarrel. Damnable Cylissa! That is all because of her! I remember her words. She told me that she will have to fight for Elspeth whatever conflict occurs. And I didn't want this. I don't know what is going on with me, but every time I see her I hide my eyes, she is making me weak and indecisive, but I can not do anything about it! Nevermind. Ginger (or Ella, as she told me later) and Elspeth shaked their hands and the conflict was over... for now.

I have met that elven gang once again at Nashkel the day later. This time I had a possibility to chat with Cylissa briefly while her revolting companions were staring at us from the hill. I needed to talk to her, but we both knew it won't happen this day. I felt her breath, she feels herself a bit awkward, and I understand it.

"Stop bothering me! Mind your business!" — I said so everyone would hear me.
"Oh yeah, go away!" — Cylissa shouted back.
"Farewell, Cylissa" — she heard my sad whisper.
"Bye..." — she wispered back.

I understand that this journal had another purposes. I began writing this in order to document my disease and its terrifying consequences, there is no place for my sentimental feelings. I would burn those pages, I swear!

But not today...

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

I want to forget this day...

26th of Alturiak

"I assume you had no luck finding help." — he said.
"There is no use, Keeshe."
We were standing in some forgotten Upperdark mines recovering from a brigand attack. I was getting more and more desperate about my curse, what if this... thing will replace me forever? My knees were shaking, and at that moment Keeshe offered to "make a deal".

I had no idea what he was talking about, but he just started speaking some ridicolous language. It sounded like an idiotic mix between orcish and animal sounds, but it was feeling suspiciously familiar to me. He said this was abyswshal (or something like this), and before I could laugh at this pathetic tongue again he pronounced another word.

I was swiftly losing control over myself. I answered him. I used the same kind of tongue, I didn't understand what I was talking about, and I am not even sure if it was me... Blood... Hunger... Flesh... Corpses spread across the field... I kill you... Die, drow... Die...

...I don't quite remember what happened next. He certainly slapped my face, it was some dizzying condition. He grabbed my hand and teleported us to Sshamath using the Thayan scroll. We met a suspicious drow in a hood. Somehow he knew about my searches on the surface, and he offered to find a druid for me... in exchange for my blood. I shouted at him, this arrogant jerk was giving me no guarantees, plus he was calling me a "fiend"! He just smiled and walked away. Keeshe told me to watch my tongue next time, like it was some kind of powerful figure or something like this, but I won't let anyone treat me like that!

Later on we were having a supper at Bregan hall. I was always wondering what hides upstairs, behind those gates guarded by two iron giants. Keeshe didn't want to tell me, he said this is for members only.

"Fine, make me a member then!" — I declared with impudent smile.

This was a hot discussion. Keeshe was trying to tell me about the responsibilites, the loyalty, the efforts and other boring crap, I was making fun out of it while consuming more and more fungus wine. In the end he promised to talk with other members about my request. He asked if there is anything he can do for me, and I swear that everything went fine until that dumb moment!

Perhaps I was too drunk or not too smart (both of course), but I started complaining to Keeshe about my complicated feelings, trying to explain how I feel about Cylissa being on the other side, like I want to conflict with her crew but don't want to fight her, and so on... Gods, I was looking like a complete idiot at that moment! Bregan members turned their heads to watch this amusing scene, Keeshe was making fun out of it as well, so I yelled at him and left the guild hall...

...No idea what was going on further. My memories are fragmented and not very pleasant. I remember an annoying gnome trying to wake me up or even help me, I remember tossing an empty bottle at him, the moment I crawled through Gloura's wing to vomit one more time, the moment when Gloura herself kicked me out of the Inn...

...I remember the crowd gathered on the street to watch the show, some with amusement — some with despise. I remember Keeshe dragging me through Sshamath, that gnome following us, I tried to toss my boots at him but looks like I've lost them...

That was one of those days you want to erase.

(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

I won't survive the third transformation...

27th of Alturiak
Part I

I could not stay in Sshamath after those embarassing things I was doing there yesterday. I am at the surface once again, still looking for a druid. I saw the elven gang discussing something near the road. Cylissa was there as well. While I was trying to catch a moment and talk to her she just came to me herself. Few minutes after we were talking at the graveyard where noone would overhear us. I brought her a message written by anonimous noble containing threats to Elspeth and her crew. This was the moment when Cylissa confessed that she can not read, and after some arguing I just gave her that leaflet.

We were interrupted by a strange long-haired man in tribal outfit. The man proclaimed that a druid is waiting outside. Cylissa started asking me about my purpose, I told her that it is very dangerous, but as usual I only made things worse! Now she demanded to go with me and support me. I didn't want her to be involved into this, didn't want her to know another side of me, but she was way too stubborn! Fine, so be it!

We left the graveyard, and here I met the druid for the first time, and to be honest I imagined him... let us say, as an arrogant mysterious hermit with eyes containing the wisdom of centuries. In fact, Teris the druid appeared to be a nervous man in a robe who was heartily shouting at some mercenary who is "using him" and doesn't pay enough for the scrolls he scribes for him.
"I will only help good people! People who aren't USING me! I am sick of it!!! SICK OF IT!!!" — those were the words of the man who got too tired of all the crap, and at that moment I knew that this druid is the one I could trust!

I told Teris that I have a serious issue and I sincerely asked for his help. Although I did not say anything about my exact problem, he agreed. Cylissa joined us, and few hours later we found an abandoned cave — small and completely empty (except the dead body rotting in the water, but whatever). Nobody would hear nor find us here, so I have told them my story. Teris asked about the form I am taking during my blackouts, but I simply didn't know this. He started changing his shapes, he was turning into a giant shade and a spider, into a mindflayer and into some harmless beast, he though that I would recognize the form but in fact it was just a waste of time. After an hour of worthless efforts I just suggested to show them...

Teris got nervous and started warding himself, Cylissa didn't know what to do, and as for me... well, there was something in the cave that could help me. I approached the corpse on the water. Come on, thing. You know what to do... All you care about is hunger... Flesh... Feast... Consume... Devour... Kill them... Die... Die...

...This blackout was unusual. Looks like it was interrupted intentionally, like some kind of magic has returned me to my previous form. I felt myself horrible, I was crying on my knees, I was so afraid that I hit Cylissa! But it looks like that Teris kept everything under control.
"She is a werebear!" — he declared.

I had absolutely no idea what are they going to do now, all I wanted to do is to leave this cave and stop this horror. Teris mentioned a tongue I was using before I fainted. He said it was abyssal, the same thing Keeshe said! The druid knew some words from that language, so he made a "brilliant" decision — he decided to talk to the thing inside me. That was a huge mistake.

I was drowning in the swamp of frightening illusions, my mouth was moving, but the words weren't mine. The thing has spoken using my lips, I tried to resist it, but Teris kept provoking that abomination! Finally I have lost control, and the thing has unleashed its primal hatred...

...how much time has passed? Looks like I was lying there for eternity... Am I alive? After coughing another spit of blood I painfully opened my eyes. Cylissa was crying over me, and looks like Teris was crying even louder.

"Dasha, no! What have you done, Teris?!"
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!!!"

I was feeling myself absolutely exhausted and lifeless at that moment. It was the first time ever when the thing has broken out twice per day, and I am afraid that the third time could be lethal. After a short discussion Teris confessed that there is nothing he can do about it. He suggested to find a shaman though. And he just knew the right person...

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

I have traded my salvation for something more...

27th of Alturiak
Part II

Everyone was exhausted as never. We stopped by the campfire near the Eastern farmlands. We joined a middle-aged woman, an odd gnome and an overconfident lass there. That girl started poking her nose into our business.

"As if it had to do anything with your concerns" — I said.
"I making it my business." — she declared boldly.
I was getting more and more irritaded, but then Cylissa just stepped in and started threatening that woman. It was getting hotter and hotter, but I was too tired for another pointless fight. I placed my hand on Cylissa's shoulder and asked her to calm down, but that wench just laughed at this!

I had exploded in anger and promised to smash her arrogant face with my bare fists next time I see her! And perhaps that would have even happened today, but Teris...
"ALL OF YOU STOP BEING STUPID AND STOP FIGHTING!!!!" — yes, something like this.
"And you know what... it is because of you, Teris!" — I told him.
Teris said that he is done with it and he won't help us unless we stop, so I had to shut my mouth. Those strangers by the campfire tried to provoke me, but I could not lose my chance because of some bunch of fools!

I got hungry so I sneaked into the field and stole some corn, Cylissa brought some wolf meat, and our dinner under Baldur's Gate walls has begun. We were interrupted soon though. Teris has found us, and he was not alone.

A beautiful woman in green leather clothes approached. This was my expected savior, Lannia the shaman. She came closer to me.
"Look at me, dear. Do not be afraid." — she said gently.
I was so tired and scared at the same time, but Lannia assured me that she certainly knows what to do. I nodded.

She started chanting something, she called to the thing inside of me, and it answered... I was drowning in a swamp of vicious illusions, I knew that the thing speaks using my lips, and I could not do anything about it. But this time... It was different. The words in my head... they were different...

Kill you...
Eat you...
Silly...
Be gone...
Leave me...

...I woke up. Lannia said that she has weakened the spirit, and now it is time to banish it. I understood that it is the end of my story, the day when I can finally burn this journal and to live a normal life. But...

I was shivering, my heart was beating quick and loud. I remember all the damage this scum dealt, all the pain he brought to me and my friends, the enormous strength it possesses... Can I just erase such kind of power?
"Enslave this bastard! Let it serve me!" — I demanded.
My eyes were glowing, my voice was sinister, but Lannia strictly refused to do it. She offered to barter with spirit, and I had nothing to do but to agree for this compromise. Cylissa and Teris were nervous, they tried to persuade me to banish the spirit, but I have already fallen into the trance...

...The words in my head were even more unusual this time... Some power got into my head, and it scared me... Or perhaps it scared the thing? I was falling into the pool full of hatred and fear, and I could do nothing... The beast has taken over my mind like never before, and it was enraged...

Be gone...
Scum...
Be gone...
Kill you...
Eat you...
Be gone...
Kill you...
Kill...
KILL...
KILL!!!

...it was over...
I had luckily survived this madness... I was standing on my knees, hiding my eyes from the piercing sun.
"That is quite the spirit you have... Are you from the north, child?"
They were still around. Cylissa, Teris, Lannia. I started begging for frogiveness, I was so sorry for what happened because of my greed! But they were alright.

Lannia told me that there is no way to enslave the spirit. You can either banish it, or commune with it and make it your ally, not a servant. She said that the spirit won't respect me unless I become strong enough, unless I will respect myself... This was so hard, especially the part that forbids me drinking! But...

I was tending Cylissa's wounds at that evening. I awkwardly bandaged her torso, hiding the giant claw wound behind the healing salve. Today I have wasted my chance to get rid of my curse once and for all, but... But I recieve a hope. I understand what am I going to do now, perhaps I was a fool, but the thing is a part of me now... Forever. I would rather make it kneel... or make it friend? This sounds so complicated for me! It is better to start from the most painful part — stop drinking...

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\/);,;(\/)

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

What are we doing...

28th of Alturiak

It was my first day without an alcohol, but I have already lost all the hope, this is impossible! Unable to hold on any longer, I jumped out of caravan wagon at Roaringshore, but before I could finally consume some of local gods blessed booze... That is right, I met her, what an unbelievable coincidence!

What the hells Cylissa was doing at this pirate hole? Nevermind, I was glad to see her. After a brief dicsussion I decided to show her some reliable traders at Soubar. Cylissa was looking for a mithral armor, of course we were talking about huge ammounts of money, and it was the time when I discovered something truly outrageous!

I have discovered that the pale bitch owes her hudred bags of gold! HUNDRED BAGS!!! I could not believe it! Elspeth was using Cylissa, you don't have to be genius to see it! But my dear elf denied everything, she said it is alright, she said that Elspeth will pay the debt, but I always sense the bullshit! I told that we need to ambush Elspeth and to beat all the debts out of her! Cylissa kept saying something about the so called friendship and trust, then I promised to deal with that wench on my own! It was getting out of control, we were shouting at each other.

"I am mad, huh? I just see the truth! Everyone does, only you blindly follow that abomination!" — I exploded with anger.
"Look at who's speaking about abominations!"
It was a moment of awkward silence. After what we've gone through, I trusted her all my secrets, and she just... How could she... Is that what she really thinks about me?! My shock got soon replaced by a feral rage and hatred.

"I will show you what is the real abomination!!!"

The frenzy made me blind and deaf, I was calling to the thing. Come on, answer me! Show that stupid girl some manners, beat her, maim her... Kill...
"Dasha, please..."
I grabbed her by the jaw. I was looking in her eyes with hatred, I was shivering with anger, but...

Once again I wanted to erase the moment, to prevent all the stupid things I have done! I don't know what happened, but I felt so ashamed! I released Cylissa's face, I didn't know what to do now, but looks like she felt herself guilty as well. I just grabbed her hand and in a few minutes we were sitting at the bench near the fireplace in Swordarm Inn.

It was a long night. She was still trying to make me spare Elspeth, but I let her know that she will have to bargain hard to reason me, so our negotiations have begun... We were shouting at each other and then tickling each other, I promised to murder Elspeth, Cylissa got angry and serious, but then she ended up crying on my chest like a little girl, although she is a hundred year old granny in fact...

We were talking about everything. She still wants to show me the secret village called El Dahasha Aeverkhe (or something like this) and its giant trees. I realise that this is not possible, and I don't want to be stuck with arrows after all... After many attempts to invent a plan to get me in, she just declared that she is going to knock me unconcious and drag me there! Sure, she is free to try, but I told her that she will have to try very hard to beat me...

Looks like she was going to act till the end, but I was not that easy to defeat... You want to play, Cylissa? Alright, so be it. I told her that there are too many people around, so she won't be able to... kidnap me without witnesses. She agreed, and in a few hours we have arrived at Roaringshore — the lawless town where noone will be able to interrupt our... fight.

Everything went according to the plan, except the final destination. Instead of elven village we ended up in the bed, but... Nevermind.

In the morning, while putting my armor on, I was thinking about the Thing. When I tried to summon it — it refused to hit Cylissa. I remember Lannia talking about another side of spiritual animals. She saw them not as bloodthirsty monsters, but as defenders. What if the thing was protecting me all that time? No, some kind of nonsene...

(\/);,;(\/)

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”