Kingdom of Kraak Helzak Role Play (IC)

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

StormBear
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:15 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, USA

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by StormBear » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:08 pm

Unable to shake the need to seek guidance from Gorm Gulthyn in a place of little distraction, Ungrim Irontoe ventured to the closest place he felt would be blessed by the almighty Dwarf-father; the temple in Kraak Helzak.

After heeding the call and quietly attending services for several weeks he began to take notice of another Dwarf who was also in step with the divine calendar. Just as Ungrim had struck up the courage to introduce himself and seek counsel, that Dwarf introduced himself first as Grendunor Silvereye and gave warm welcomes to the Fortress of the Holy Anvil.
Ungrim Irontoe Barakor of Gorm Gulthyn

User avatar
Grendunor
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:36 pm

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by Grendunor » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:24 am

"Welcome lad, come let me show ye the tavern and give you the tour o' the hold. Barakors are always welcome within the holds of the delzun." The pair can be seen walking through the hold inspecting the stonework and defences, discussing the temple schedule and proposed sermons.

Eventually, as all good dwarves, they wind up in the tavern drinking and sharing stories as the hold shifts towards the end of the workday.

Image
So long and thanks for all the fish.
"EATSIES!!!" - The Troll-sage 2018

pocketlint60
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by pocketlint60 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:59 pm

A traveller is escorted to Kraak Helzak in the company of Grendunor Silvereye. A red-haired and pale young girl, scarcely older than fifty. She arrived in grubby rags but now wears an ornate, bright blue dress with a wolfhide cloak. She carries herself like a noble, and speaks well with an accent that couldn't have come from the Sword Coast. She already stood out a bit before she began doggedly questioning people for any information on other recent arrivals and refugees. She's made it known that she's seeking warriors, scouts, travellers, and hunters and is willing to pay them handsomely. When she's not taking to the streets of speaking with other Nobles, she's almost always found praying at the shrine of Berronar Truesilver.
Hidden: show
Image
PM me or send a tell to Osna Bluestone in-game if you're interested!

User avatar
Steve
Recognized Donor
Posts: 5189
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:42 am
Location: Paradise in GMT +1

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by Steve » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:49 am

DM Soulcatcher wrote:
UNREST AT TROLL HILLS!!!
Rumours spread across Baldur's Gate that few runners hailing from Kheldrivver have been warning travellers and settlements against a rising new threat. Supposedly scouts of the small settlement have noticed that the Troll Kingdoms of Troll Hills have been moving a large number of their troops to the eastern fringe of their mountain range, their realm.

Settlements down in the Fields of the Dead are, quite understandably, terrified of these news, and many don't know what to do, aside of abandoning their fields and homesteads to run away south, which some of the locals at the Gate aren't looking forward to; Fields of the Dead are known to be fertile lands which often give a good food supply backbone for cities in the Western Heartlands.

Merchants that have recently passed through Soubar and came to Baldur's Gate (as usual, in haste to avoid monsters living there) can be heard speaking that the place's atmosphere is "Even more dead than my ten years dead grandmother, Lathander rest her soul." Considering the proximity of the tent settlement to Troll Hills, denizens of that place aren't looking cheerful either to possibility of being attacked.
Image

Kraak Helzak scouts upon the western ridges of the Troll Claw Hills,
sit with keen eyes all around...yet, idle.
mrm3ntalist wrote:You will have to nerf everything

Storybuilding

|> Henryk UrdeSword of Justice
|> Simsae OrcslayerStonesinger of the Telormar Gultor & citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak
|> Preceptor Phasorin ZauPurification through Fire

User avatar
Steve
Recognized Donor
Posts: 5189
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:42 am
Location: Paradise in GMT +1

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by Steve » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Image
The Dwarves of Kraak Helzak deliver their gifts from the Fortress of the Holy Anvil to the Rockrun Monarch's representative.
In their visits of late, the Dwarves of Kraak Helzak were not shy in their goal: to present offers of trade and treaty between the two Kingdoms.



/// a tortuous, lag-spike filled Event by LeviOsa. Thanks for keeping stable throughout!
mrm3ntalist wrote:You will have to nerf everything

Storybuilding

|> Henryk UrdeSword of Justice
|> Simsae OrcslayerStonesinger of the Telormar Gultor & citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak
|> Preceptor Phasorin ZauPurification through Fire

User avatar
Grendunor
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:36 pm

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by Grendunor » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:16 pm

A gathering of five companions set forth from Kraak Helzak. Grendunor, two humans, and two plane touched. hours later looking much bedraggled but none the worse for ware the group returned to the gates with an interesting report.
So long and thanks for all the fish.
"EATSIES!!!" - The Troll-sage 2018

Hendrak
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Re: Kingdom of Kraak Helzak (city-state and guild/player inf

Unread post by Hendrak » Tue May 01, 2018 4:02 am

It can be observed that an envoy of the Radiant Heart, the Silver Monk Merovyan of Clan Ironfaar, approaches King Battlehammer and offers her help in some urgent matters.

Image

User avatar
Steve
Recognized Donor
Posts: 5189
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:42 am
Location: Paradise in GMT +1

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by Steve » Thu May 03, 2018 10:27 am

Horns blare out from the Fortress of the Holy Anvil within the Troll Claw Hills.

They announce in tonal sequence an Alarm to Arms, calling all wayward Stout scouts, soldiers, journeymen, foragers and citizens of Kraak Helzak back into the great defense that the Fortress provides.

Those visitors to Kraak Helzak that are not keen on participation against a siege, or outright war, are given escort to the few Caravans leaving the Fortress. Some may decide that in these uncertain times, it would safer behind a wall of Dwarven King's Guard, drinking incomparable quality Dwarven ale, and praying to whatever Gods benefit the situation, then trying to cross through the Troll Hills, with such news as a Troll Army near or far. The good nature of the Stout Folk make sure their guests are safe within...but sternly order any that stay to not get in the way of axe or shield, or else.

With those who have taken removal from Kraak Helzak, they may spread rumor that King Dovkin Battlehammer himself is seen giving orders and invigorating the King's Guard with his Slayer-past determination. It is said all Fifty Kingsguard of Bel Therrims have been placed strategically at the Fortress gates, both above and below ground. And some continue to rumormonger that ten times that amount of soldiers and militia have been called upon, from reserves deep within the citizenry of Kraak Helzak.

Finally, some fleeing the Troll Claw Hills may have noticed another regiment of non-Stout forces taking march toward Kraak Helzak. Since they are not a force of Trolls nor Devils, it could be surmised they travel north to the Troll Claw Hills to freely give support, if needed, by the Dwarves.
mrm3ntalist wrote:You will have to nerf everything

Storybuilding

|> Henryk UrdeSword of Justice
|> Simsae OrcslayerStonesinger of the Telormar Gultor & citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak
|> Preceptor Phasorin ZauPurification through Fire

User avatar
LISA100595
Head Builder
Posts: 5141
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by LISA100595 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:07 am

Subject: 1354DR - The Northern Sword Coast [DM Posts]
Hidden: show
DM Theophanies wrote:
Imminent Calamity
Image
Survivors from those travelling the Northern Trade Way and it's outlying villages quickly spill south reporting that the Army of the Troll Kingdoms has began it's march south. In less than 3 days time it will reach it's target. It is still unknown where this army will head but the Farmlands in the Fields of the Dead, Kraak Helzak, and Soubar are all prime candidates for attack.
Image
In response to the dire news, the lawless town of Soubar, normally scattered with the many tents of it's transient denizens experiences a mass exodus, like cockroaches before calamity. Many head to Scornubel while others scatter like dust in the wind, finding a place to weather the storm. While the rallying of the Ebon Blades gave a moment of hope, it was surely not enough to convince any of the brigands and outlaws to stay and defend the town. Only a very few brave souls remain in Soubar, though Mag remains at the center. Making her own preparations, the liquor stores of the Winding Way have all but dried up, a sign of her plan and foresight of events. Still she remains, though quiet, in the eye of the storm.
Image
In the Troll Claws a stark contrast is occurs, the dwarven fortress of Kraak Helzak has come to life in activity. After the advice of many of the King's Council, King Battlehammer is rumored to have declared that those trolls whom dare enter his battlefield of the Troll Claws, will face him and his army in battle. That he personally shall spill their blood to stain the mountain as a reminder for years to come. Envoys from the Radiant Heart have already arrived and received a warriors greeting in preparation for the events to come.
Image
In the Fields of the Dead, a contingent of the Flaming Fist Mercenary Company has began emergency evacuation from many of the farmlands scattered on the fertile lands surrounding the Winding Water. Those fleeing the incoming calamity head back to Baldur's Gate. The Fist make certain to evacuate as many people and livestock as possible. As the evacuation reaches completion, the Fist themselves start setting up patrols and a perimeter to monitor activity in the area. They settle into the area along the Trade Way just west of the Troll Claws.

Many eyes move to the North Watch as the threat begin to escalate.



///Time that events will start will be Saturday May 5, 2018 at 17:00 GMT.

Events will occur in two phases.

Phase 1 will be small, short encounters across the three potential battlefields. At this time PCs are welcome to travel between them to finalize where they wish to be.

Phase Two is the climax event series. During this time PCs will be locked into which battlefront they wish to occupy. Events will (hopefully) be transpiring on all fronts in parallel. In the event that we do not have the DM coverage to do so, we will run the events in series though per lore they will be considered parallel timings.
Matilda Stonehold, Shield Commander of Clan Stonebar, Holy Anvil Carrier of Clan Ironfar and rightfully nicknamed "BallBreaker", rallies the Stonebar Clan's men and women in defense of Kraack Helzak and all the residents within. Her first duty, as it was when the old Ironfar clan-hold fell was to evacuate the women and children as the other warriors and clansmen and clanswomen take up arms and head to the front gates of Kraak Helzak.

Once all the non fighting women and children were safe, Matilda herself would take her position at the front line of defense as is her duty as Shield Commander of Stonebar. Banging her flaming war axe on her tower shield, she bellows out commands and battle cries.


(( Matilda's IC actions in case I can't make it.
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander

User avatar
TeoDeathDealer
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:49 pm
Location: West Bend, WI (USA)

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by TeoDeathDealer » Thu May 03, 2018 11:32 am

Subject: 1354DR - The Northern Sword Coast [DM Posts]

Raz Mataz, the Overgnome, seems particularly unsteady about the approaching storm. "I say, can we talk about this...I mean we could just go on a moot and wait this thing out."

Oh, golly, I just remembered, I have to go see my sick uncle in...umm, in Waterdeep, yes, that's it."
TeoDeathDealer
Teo, What lies beneath is hidden for a reason
Angel, Swabby and cook for the DragonWing
Missy, Knight General of the Order of the Rose
Lea Littlefoot, Knight in training and ranger of the Order
Jerel, The eyes are indeed a window to the soul

User avatar
electric mayhem
Custom Content
Posts: 965
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by electric mayhem » Thu May 03, 2018 7:30 pm

Adolamin would be seen moving about the Hold with a determined pace over the next few days.

He'd be in deep discussion with the military leaders, Slayers and the King's guard when collared by them, discussing matters of strategy, and where best to assist with offensive magic.

Morning walks outside on the turrets and battlements would see him staring from key places out on the battlefield to come, puffing away on his pipe in his customary manner.

Main meal times would see him in the Tavern and messhall with other stouts, engaging in hearty discussion and building good morale amongst those that would talk with him.


~Wouveir - Hellstorm Crew
~Claret - Proprietor of Clarity Cellars.
~Harrison Remillard - Morninglord of the Song of the Morning Temple.
~Mhel'Gibh - Arcane Engineer


Hendrak
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by Hendrak » Fri May 04, 2018 12:43 am

Merovyan of clan Ironfaar is seeing offering council to the military leaders.

She also offers opening training hours against giant kind in the fighting pit.

As its tradition for the faithful of Clangeddin Silverbeard, dwarves are schooled here to dodge those clumsy, far too big monsters.

As Silver Monk it s a question of honor to lead these training units.

///She trains in the dwarvish feat Battletraining against giants and also has Uncanny Dodge,Improved Uncanny Dodge, Dodge and training in Dwarven Defender

pocketlint60
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by pocketlint60 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:53 am

Despite being a foreign visitor, the refugee Osna Bluestone chooses to make herself useful to her temporary home. She dons a shining shirt of chainmail under immaculate blue-dyed leather armor and heads into the Titanfist mines alone, seeking defensible positions that might be used by, or against, the oncoming horde. She reports her findings to Grendunor Silvereye: there are a few spots that would be easily barricaded, and there are already slimes creeping through the caverns. Scouts, presumably.

She is seen afterwards taking part in the preparations of the noncombatant civilians while later, paradoxically, training in the fighting pits for the oncoming battle.


//17:00 GMT is a bit early for me but I'll try to join in if I can!

Israe
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by Israe » Fri May 04, 2018 12:38 pm

An eleven shaped woman is seen in Troll Claws searching for members of Kraak Helzac. She has a large bag in tow, and it appears urgent enough that she is actively seeking them.

User avatar
Grendunor
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:36 pm

Re: Kraak Helzak Role Play

Unread post by Grendunor » Fri May 04, 2018 3:40 pm

On his patrols through the troll claws, Gren stumbles upon the woman. After a short discussion, he accepts the hefty bag and drags the shipment of large silver ingots home towards Kraak Helzak.

Image

Leaving the ingots with the leader of the smiths guild he states. "Shipment o' Alchemical silver, going ta inform the council o' the gift. Just hold on till we figure out what we want ta do with it 'afore you smith anything with it."
So long and thanks for all the fish.
"EATSIES!!!" - The Troll-sage 2018

Post Reply