DM Ark's story arcs (and other things)

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Gestaltwandler
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:11 pm

DM Ark's story arcs (and other things)

Unread post by Gestaltwandler »

Hello everyone!
This is where you'll find infos and updates on how, when and maybe why I run my events.

Firstly...

House Rules
Preamble
Personally I like to give everyone a fair chance to do whatever they please. That chance however ends where the chance of someone else gets limited. I'll try and be as fair as I can in everything I do... here are my House Rules

1) You're here to have fun. Sure thing, winning is fun, lots of fun, but it's not everything. A good loser is way better than a bad winner. So if you feel you "lost", you didn't; it's a chance for you to RP. I like RP :D

2) OOC: please don't during my events. Of course everyone needs to say the one thing or the other oocly and that's ok of course. Please try and keep it to the bare minimum however.
That leads us to a related topic...

3) Rolls: I'll ask you to make rolls to meet a certain DC (or not) or I might occasionally also ask for opposing roles if I'm needed to moderate ICly between players. NWN2 unfortunately doesn't offer all the pnp solutions so please bear with me. Refer to the Preamble of this thread if you want to know why I ask you to roll what I want you to roll. ;)

4) PnP spells (those that are in D&D but not in NWN2): big fan of them! They are allowed in my events... and here comes the BUT:
the DC will be determined strictly by the books!
a) DC: 10 + spell level + attribute modifier
Special modifiers go through me only! And even in that case I do not guarantee that other DMs permit PnP spells at all.
b) You will have to pay an XP penalty if the books say so.
c) You'll have to get a scroll before casting such a spell. Not all of them are easily found so you'll have to go through some trouble acquiring one. Those scrolls cost gold. The price is determined by the level of the spell and mendatory to pay.
d) The spells (some of them at least) cost components. A suitable amount in gold will be asked from you if you were to try out a pnp spell on my watch ;)
e) If you're a wizard and if you get such a scroll you may of course try and take it into your spellbook. That still doesn't mean you're good to use that spell on someone else's events.
f) Under no circumstances do I promote that you can freely use PnP spells. You have to ask for consent each time you want to use one on another PC. Even if PvP consent is given, it doesn't mean you may cast a PnP spell (you can of course try but I bet while you're about to describe what'll happen your opponent just cuts you down ;) ).
Section 4) might get altered in the near future

5) Please only rest once I say it's cool to rest. Thanks :)

6) Walk, don't run. Characters that always run seem to stir up things. Of course if a house is on fire you should not casually walk down the road seeking for help. Just do as you seem fitting and it should be alright. ;)

So far this is everything. I think I leave you a lot of options to RP as you deem fit. You'll just have to live with possible consequences.
I'm looking forward to seeing you all (not at once please :p ) in my events.

Soon to come:
a thread on my first ongoing event
Grimchinchila
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: DM Ark's story arcs (and other things)

Unread post by Grimchinchila »

Thank you for the fun event this morning i really enjoyd myself and looking forward to more events from you to come


Baalio Toublark
Baalio Toublark
Gestaltwandler
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Re: DM Ark's story arcs (and other things)

Unread post by Gestaltwandler »

The Chicken Thief
Something was trying to bite its way through Jorn's boot as he was looking over his chickens running astray. Surely the pet of another useless adventureer. The old farmer peered down to his feet and suddenly flinched. A somewhat ugly beetle was there digging its mandibles in the leather of his boot. The chitin shell of the critter gave a cracking sound as Jorn's foot stamped it down. With a somewhat satisfied grin he glared at the annoyed proprietor... a mage of course.
The man even had the guts to ask him to buy a chicken after this incident. Maybe this was Jorn's lucky day. Since a few days a somewhat feisty thief tore through the cage and stole at least one chicken, leaving the farmer with the work to first repair the cage each day and then the rather annoying work of getting the chickens back in. Maybe this man could help.
The mage fortunately agreed and set out to find the culprit. The tracks lead him to the oddest wolf he must have ever seen. Surely it was the oddest wolf Jorn had ever seen. The mage seemed incapable of killing the thing. Hadn't he been paralyzed by fear, Jorn would have ripped the thing apart, he thought proudly of himself.
At least some other "well-meaning" adventurers came by and one of them said something about a cure. Jorn just watched and occasionally cursed.
After quite a while the little group seemingly came to an understanding and a Dwarf worked some magic. Jorn couldn't believe what he saw: the creature actually turned into a child!
The Dwarf said something about Candlekeep, picked up the unconscious or maybe dead kid and took it down the road.

At least Jorn's problem was solved.

To be continued...

//Thanks everyone for attending, hope you had fun. More to come.
Gestaltwandler
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Re: DM Ark's story arcs (and other things)

Unread post by Gestaltwandler »

Passers-by kept wondering why a lone halfling would descend into the dirt of Baldur's Gate's sewers. When he re-surfaced he was not only covered in mud and sewage but also seemed rather terrified and puzzled.
Earlier that day, a patrolling Fist private was asked by the very same Hin to take care of the corpse of a child. The kid had an unnatural big jaw, canines protruding from its lower part and was awfully furry.
The private dropped his initial idea to simply burn the corpse.

Return to “Archive”