I saved multiple times and rested twice. Somehow on crash I lost two rings and an amulet;
Two rings of nature's vigil
one greater amulet of the stalker
lum was present for the pruchase and saw me save and rest.
104,000 gold in items. Can someone please give me the gold back or restore the items? I wouldn't ask for something small.
Lost Items
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
CooCooCachoo
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:17 pm
Re: Lost Items
Other players have seconded that save is not always saving. Last location in the nexus is reflecting this as well. I had noticed that the Nexus was not always showing the last place I knew I saved, but I thought that was just a bug in the nexus. This is potentially huge in the amount of XP and item losses it could cause. Is anyone acting on this?
No one has PMed me yet, or let me know I may approach a DM and ask for a refund of the lost items or gold. Please advise. <3
No one has PMed me yet, or let me know I may approach a DM and ask for a refund of the lost items or gold. Please advise. <3
-
Maecius
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 11639
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Re: Lost Items
Definitely reach out to the DMs about your specific issue.
For future reference, whenever you want to be 100% sure your character has been saved, log out of the game and then log back in.
The server will always save your character file (.bic) this way, unless it's literally in the middle of a crash when you try to log out (in which case it probably won't save).
For future reference, whenever you want to be 100% sure your character has been saved, log out of the game and then log back in.
The server will always save your character file (.bic) this way, unless it's literally in the middle of a crash when you try to log out (in which case it probably won't save).
r e s o u r c e s :
- BG:TSCC Wiki
- Community News
- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC-
CooCooCachoo
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:17 pm
Re: Lost Items
Thank you Maecius, I didn't realize saving was an issue on this server until it happened or I would have done exactly that. The normal guidance is always "Make sure you SAVE!" lum even reminded me to, which is why the player saw me do it. I will definitely relog every time I have something of value now.
-
Sapphire
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:33 pm
Re: Lost Items
@Lazytrain
Always better to send in a PM to the DM team about lost items. If you have a screenshot and a time for the crash generally something can be done. Issue is there is a response time delay between the team seeing the Pm reviewing it, and deciding to issue a refund or not.
Then again best to let the DM staff speak on that issue.
Always better to send in a PM to the DM team about lost items. If you have a screenshot and a time for the crash generally something can be done. Issue is there is a response time delay between the team seeing the Pm reviewing it, and deciding to issue a refund or not.
Then again best to let the DM staff speak on that issue.