How to get my head model into the game.

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

How to get my head model into the game.

Unread post by Matherhorn »

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=48 ... _tn__=EH-R

Trying to get this model into my editor so I can try to get it into BGSCC. thanks
athornforyourheart

Re: How to get my head model into the game.

Unread post by athornforyourheart »

Is the model textured?
Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: How to get my head model into the game.

Unread post by Matherhorn »

Not yet. ive got to learn how. I used to use Quake community tutorials but i dont know if there methods work for nowaday
athornforyourheart

Re: How to get my head model into the game.

Unread post by athornforyourheart »

Face models are a challenging feat for NwN2 so some 3d experience is needed. As in, knowing how to weight paint, repto, texture, and understanding how the nwn2 naming convention works. It's all teachable and there are tutorials out there. Sadly, I don't have the time to take on someone to teach 1 on 1 atm.

For starts, focus on texturing the model. Once done, repost here and we can move onto the next portion. :)

You can try using substance painter for that...

If you have no idea how to texture.. then this is going to be a HUGE learning curve for you... But texturing faces tutorials can be found all over the place on youtube.
RedMage
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:40 pm

Re: How to get my head model into the game.

Unread post by RedMage »

When I import the MDB into blender, I have the option to load a rigged armature. Does the original GR2 bone file need to be updated in the BGTSCC HAK file each time you create an outfit? Or is the weight paint on the object automatically transferred in-game without updating the BGTSCC GR2 file?

Also, I've noticed seams on the mesh models. When you sculpt along the seam, it warps the mesh in Blender. Will there be any negative effects if we just merge the seams without updating the GR2 files?

What version Blender are y'all using and which addon works the best for you when importing/exporting all this NWN2 stuff? I found a couple ways, just wondering if you have something better. I'd rather use the most updated version of Blender, not 2.8.

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”