This post is referring to the following topic from march 7th 2010:
http://bgtscc.fomwaa.com/forum/viewtopi ... 38&start=0
I also would be very interested in the topic of casting in shape - I do have a warlock myself and of course invoking while shape changed would make it a lot more powerful (who can say no to 5 regeneration, more ac etc...) but of course it is an obsidian bug and probably allowing certain bugs for some classes but not for others (what would be with shape changed wizards etc.) might just cause huge problems.
As of course right now any wizard can cast the same way in a horned devil/nightstalker/... shape as a warlock.
Anyway, an official and final statement of the staff would be appreciated!
Casting in Shape
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Casting in Shape
Any of the DM's want to answer this one as well?
-
Hydrocarbonated
- Posts: 1870
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm
Re: Casting in Shape
Historically it's been ruled a very clear exploit and is dealt with harshly.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
-
Molag__Bal
- Posts: 2925
- Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 pm
Re: Casting in Shape
It has, but I made the argument that Warlock invocations are much different from Wizard, Sorcerer, Druid spells. They can be cast an unlimited number of times per day, there is no spell book to pick and choose spells and no need to rest to memorize them. So while shifted into the form of a horned devil, I would assume the warlock can still invoke.
I asked three DM's in the past, and all three thought about it for a few moments and then said it was fine after listening to my argument as to why it should be allowed.
So I too would like a final ruling from the staff, since right now they seem to be divided on whether or not it is allowed.
I asked three DM's in the past, and all three thought about it for a few moments and then said it was fine after listening to my argument as to why it should be allowed.
So I too would like a final ruling from the staff, since right now they seem to be divided on whether or not it is allowed.
-
caveman_282
- Posts: 264
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:08 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Casting in Shape
Nother words don't do it!
If ya do, its at ya own risk and will face the wrath of any DM that catches ya.
If ya do, its at ya own risk and will face the wrath of any DM that catches ya.