DM Dreamer's events

The Latest on DM Events and Campaigns.

Moderators: Moderator, DM

User avatar
DM Dreamer
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon May 24, 2021 3:51 pm

DM Dreamer's events

Unread post by DM Dreamer »

DM statement

Hello, I'm DM Dreamer. Also known as Louvaine and Crevan. I'd like to use this place to share some details about my DMing style and list a few requests to players participating in my events.

When it comes to D&D and interactive storytelling, one of the most important things to me is communication. I think that setting up clear expectations, boundaries and preferences is the very basis to the hobby.

I value personal growth and character development. Often striving to pose challenges to both the player and their character, hopefully encouraging immersion into the world, the character and its psychology.

That's why I value player driven plots and player initiative. It's your story. I strongly believe that players and their PCs are the stars of the show. And on that note, I would encourage sharing the spotlight. Finding ways to collaborate and show off (or even compliment!) each other's rich player characters. Let's be inclusive, engaging and have fun together!
Rules

Besides GENERAL SERVER RULES [MUST READ] and DM Rulings: A Record of DM Decisions, I have few of my personal rules. When attending my events, especially the scheduled ones, I ask that you try to keep them in mind.
1. Emoting what your character is doing is more important than rolling the die. I love skill checks. Trust me, I'll jump on every opportunity to ask for one when it's necessary. Please, try to avoid rolling without being asked to do so.
2. There's nothing wrong in asking. Be that clearing things up or having to repeat yourself, because I missed your message. When in doubt, ask away. I also encourage you to communicate any secret agenda's your character might have.
3. No resting allowed without notice. I allow resting when it makes sense within the parameters of the scene, and often grant it as challenge or reward in itself.
4. Hostile actions. If it's a ward or has DC, chances are it's a hostile action. Before using an ability, try to ask yourself how it can be perceived by the setting and its inhabitants.
5. Character death. Unless otherwise stated, character death in my event is losing consciousness. Role-play that as you will, but please don't respawn via Myrkul.
6. Party chat. Unless otherwise stated, please use party chat in my events. This can be done via using /p command before your usual message.
7. Slow down. Take it easy, relax and try to immerse yourself in the situation. Not everyone writes quickly, and we should always make an effort to respect that.
8. Whispering. Your character isn't telepathic, nor are they a ventriloquist. If you're going to have a hushed conversation, I would appreciate emoting it as such.
Current plots

In addition to taking on player requests, I run overarching plots. Below is what I'm currently working on. If you are stuck or stumbled upon something that sounds like one of my list, feel free to contact me.
1. Uniting Shadows. This plot is majorly concluded. It involved necromancer Lorne Harold Throlde and shadows. As of now, the threat is dormant.
2. The Queens. This is my biggest plot yet. It involves NPCs such as hags Magdalena and Constance, spider Azzesur and humans Vanindel and Robert. The conflict is still not resolved.
Feedback

I always welcome any feedback and make a point to ask for it. If there's anything you'd like to share, I'm open to hearing it. Thanks for reading!
DM Dreamer's Events: viewtopic.php?p=925995
Underdark Discord: https://discord.gg/Scvy89RxNW
User avatar
DM Dreamer
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon May 24, 2021 3:51 pm

Re: DM Dreamer's events

Unread post by DM Dreamer »

I need to check out for the time being. I don't know when or if I'll be back.
DM Dreamer's Events: viewtopic.php?p=925995
Underdark Discord: https://discord.gg/Scvy89RxNW

Return to “Dungeon Master Realms”