Volenteer as Head Modeler and other Art

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Volenteer as Head Modeler and other Art

Unread post by Matherhorn »

Hi, Wondering if I can join the team and contribute Head Models and other forms of Art. Expecialy character Art.

Heres a few samples.

Image

Image
Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Volenteer as Head Modeler and other Art

Unread post by Matherhorn »

Its been a long while since ive done Character Modeling. Im sure ill quickly get better and more well polished. right now I'm just getting used to it again. I just turned 44 and want to do more in life then just pass time. :)
User avatar
Planehopper
Posts: 2297
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Re: Volenteer as Head Modeler and other Art

Unread post by Planehopper »

Have you figured out how to texture the models? That's a key step in the process. I don't know anything about it, but I am guessing Jude has a tut out there for it somewhere. If not, perhaps ask around in the creator's discord? https://discord.gg/ycbcS2UU
Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Volenteer as Head Modeler and other Art

Unread post by Matherhorn »

What is scult and what software has it. I use Blender, DeleD, Hexagon and Truespace. Gimp for textures and I only know old Quake 3 mapping textures techniques
Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Volenteer as Head Modeler and other Art

Unread post by Matherhorn »

Sculp works with Blender? Honestly Ive nver given blender a honest try. But i know its kick arse

Heres a textures and remastered female head model called Arie

Image
Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Volenteer as Head Modeler and other Art

Unread post by Matherhorn »

How can I try and apply to join the team? I hope to work mostly on Character Model

I watched the video thank you, looks like a lot of fun and addictive. i still use old methods but am willing to use new inductrial standars
User avatar
AsuraKing
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Re: Volenteer as Head Modeler and other Art

Unread post by AsuraKing »

Matherhorn wrote: ↑Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:27 pm How can I try and apply to join the team? I hope to work mostly on Character Model

I watched the video thank you, looks like a lot of fun and addictive. i still use old methods but am willing to use new inductrial standars
To apply to the media team please follow the instructions listed here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62610

As for guides on how to get started bringing models and stuff into NWN2, our former Media Team Lead (Athorn/Jude) has some very good video tutorials on how to get started. Here's a link to his youtube so you can take a look: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0LIGU ... 8xQ/videos
:happy-sunny: Sunmaster Barristan Schulltze :happy-sunny:
Heretic and former Vigilator of Bane and the Black Abbey
Barristan's Bio

Wizziewick Warrenwarden
Svirfneblin Burrow Warden

Thulzar Palerock
Questionable Medical Professional

Art Website|Art Instagram
Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Volenteer as Head Modeler and other Art

Unread post by Matherhorn »

Thank you very much
Bookmarked! :D

It seems to me the sculpting is way to detailed for a game of this age. but with polygon reduction. The art work quality of your artists is outstanding, im not sure I can measure up. I watched the monkey helm video, good lord that's over professional but ill do my best at matching that quality.
Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Volenteer as Head Modeler and other Art

Unread post by Matherhorn »

My next model. I think I will use him for my portfolio to be in the graphics team. Any sudjestions would be appreciated. I want to be explicite in character face design but I can do most modeling. Ive done animation but thats another level i havnt got decent at. thank you

Image

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”