Hmmmm...this alright?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Mysot057
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:12 am

Hmmmm...this alright?

Unread post by Mysot057 »

I've been playing a half-demon malarite, do I have to submit any paperwork for the whole half demon thing or are we okay?
-Derp Greens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEcZtunL3yg
raetin
Retired Staff
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: Hmmmm...this alright?

Unread post by raetin »

If you play a tiefling, half demon should be fine. That's pretty much what they are. (Nope, I'm wrong on that one. 1/4 demon is the max) You will have, however, no extra abilities beyond what nwn2 provides you.

For example, no direct lines to your demonic parent in the nine hells.

Edit: look below for official word from a DM. Case closed!
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: Hmmmm...this alright?

Unread post by Eviloth »

I wonder, any Yochlol's models for NWN2? I know there are actually some draegloth for NWN.
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
mar3usmc
Retired Staff
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

Re: Hmmmm...this alright?

Unread post by mar3usmc »

Change that to 1/4 demon, and have yourself as a tiefling race and you are good to go.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Hmmmm...this alright?

Unread post by Maecius »

We do not allow half-fiends, half-dragons, nor half-celestials here. We only allow you to play the race that is on your character sheet.

In your case, I suspect you are playing a tiefling?
Tieflings are the distant descendants of a human and some evil outsider, such as a demon (usually a marilith or succubus), devil (usually an erinyes, gelugon, or pit fiend), night hag, rakshasa, or even a servant of an evil deity. (Races of Faerun, 125)
The keywords here are "distant descendant." While you certainly could have demonic in your bloodline, you would be no more than one-quarter demon, at most. If your concept must have a demon in your immediately family, a demonic g-pa or g-ma is more acceptable than a demonic father or mother.

Return to “Questions for DMs”