I got confused by server rule

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

blixen71
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:15 am

I got confused by server rule

Unread post by blixen71 »

When I made my first character i got confuesed by server rule number 15:

15. If you would like to play a Cleric or any other divine caster class, including Stormlord, (with the exception of nature-based ones), please read this section.

The exeption of nature based ones made me belive I could use the stormlord class for any nature based caster (druid, spirit shaman) regardless of the specified rules regarding divine casters and stormlords. What is special regarding nature based divine casters, since I could not use stormlord with the silvanus deity? I got releveled by DM but still got some of useless stormlord prereq feats on my druid now.

I write this as this must be clearer I think so other players dont do the same mistake.
Lippi 'Trixie Dixie' Gallows - Mageling extraordinaire
Aribert Thennen - Druid of Cloakwood
Angelica Celeste - Paladin of Ilmater
Darius - Helmite monk
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: I got confused by server rule

Unread post by Luna »

Ummm, I'm gonna let a DM answer this one.
blixen71
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:15 am

Re: I got confused by server rule

Unread post by blixen71 »

No answer to this one?
Lippi 'Trixie Dixie' Gallows - Mageling extraordinaire
Aribert Thennen - Druid of Cloakwood
Angelica Celeste - Paladin of Ilmater
Darius - Helmite monk
raetin
Retired Staff
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: I got confused by server rule

Unread post by raetin »

You might want to PM the DM group about this.

My guess is, no, you can't use the Stormlord class unless if your diety is Talos (and you RP it, etc.)

But PM the DMs and see what they have to say.
Wildelf
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 1:30 am

Re: I got confused by server rule

Unread post by Wildelf »

Stormlord: The official title for an exalted cleric of Talos with supernatural lightning-manipulation powers.

If you're not a Talassan, you're not a Stormlord. Plain and simple.

And not just a closet Talassan (which hardly exists), but a zealous Talassan.
DM Phantom: "I can't escape from him...I never will."

Tessian Silene: You can't be serious. Seriously. You can't.
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: I got confused by server rule

Unread post by Maecius »

Must have missed this one. I second DM Watcher. He is 100% correct on this one.

The Lore states, very clearly, that only zealous Talos worshipers can take the Stormlord prestige class. (An additional requirement of the Prestige Class, in pen-and-paper rules, is that "The character must have been hit by a bolt of lightning, whether a natural bolt or one created by magic, and survived.")

More information on the Prestige Class can be found in the sourcebook, Complete Divine.

Return to “Questions for DMs”