mar3usmc's pencil art

Information and Discussion Relating to NWN2 Area Design

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

mar3usmc
Retired Staff
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

mar3usmc's pencil art

Unread post by mar3usmc »

A few of you may already know, but before I build an area most of the time I draw out a sketch on some scratch paper or some graph paper depending on the area. This way I am not limited by what the toolset has, and I can then later try to see how I can make it work in the toolset.

So I figured I would put up some of the interesting sketches I make. I have to really darken in the lines though because I am just taking a picture of them with a digital camera.

Well, enjoy

DISCLAIMER: Not everything you seen drawn here will be ingame, they are just concepts. Also, I have had no formal art training so they ain't all fancy.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
mar3usmc
Retired Staff
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

Re: mar3usmc's pencil art

Unread post by mar3usmc »

This one is a concept of how people would start thier desent into the Upper Underdark through Durlag's Tower. Since I figured that durlag's was build on a dormant volcano I decided to make this sort of a crystalized magma chamber. Gem seekers beware, those crystals are magical, and can bite back :twisted: .

Image

http://img231.imageshack.us/content_rou ... ia=mupload
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
tooley1chris
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: missouri

Re: mar3usmc's pencil art

Unread post by tooley1chris »

mar3usmc wrote:This one is a concept of how people would start thier desent into the Upper Underdark through Durlag's Tower. Since I figured that durlag's was build on a dormant volcano I decided to make this sort of a crystalized magma chamber. Gem seekers beware, those crystals are magical, and can bite back :twisted: .

Image

http://img231.imageshack.us/content_rou ... ia=mupload
Just like an old school DM! My kinda gal/guy
This has "No Saving Throw" written all over it...

Return to “NWN2 Area Design”