Custom creature thread

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Thrasher
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 am
Location: USA

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by Thrasher »

Ugh so the plugin is killing me. Went through the tutorial twice and named everything the way it should but all I get is blank, so the model isn't reading in the toolset for some reason. Stupid goblin model... Everything else is good to go though (textures and mesh). I hope 512x512 textures will work on everyone's machine? I like high quality textures but if some PCs can't handle it then I'll tone it down (esp. the head). More pix of final sculpt Image

Oh and don't worry he has a loincloth for in-game!
-Michael Thelissar
adzling
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by adzling »

i likey!!

although those bumps/ warts look a little too bilaterally-symetrical.
turn off zbrush's bilateral clone feature you slacker!
you dig?

i feel for you man, the import plug-in for nwn2 is a ton of shite and hellaciously temperamental.

i advise emailing that dude whose blog your cribbing from, he is pretty responsive if he's around.
might take a couple days but it's the only real way to get a concrete answer on wtf is going on as the import/export tool gives almost zero feedback.
it-just-fails.

keep up the good work, the fun stuff is almost done you got all the hard shitty slog ahead of you now
http://bgtscc.fomwaa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=78
Welcome to Sshamath!
Thrasher
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 am
Location: USA

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by Thrasher »

Nah I gotta maintain symmetry because the texture is mirrored in Halves. A lot of the creatures in NWN2 do that. >_>

But I'll def. email that guy so I can get the what's what.

--LOL and 5 minutes later... Progress. Apparently it was a material issue. Solved! :twisted:
-Michael Thelissar
adzling
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by adzling »

ah unfortunate but yeah makes sense, some of the armors use such mirrored skins.

super excited to see it in-game my mang...

btw you know how to do glow-maps?

i used some on the Charnag Maelthra armor in-game and i saw a neat tute online that uses glow maps to paint tattos on a critter's skin.
http://bgtscc.fomwaa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=78
Welcome to Sshamath!
Thrasher
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 am
Location: USA

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by Thrasher »

I know about them, but haven't done it for NWN2. I think the tut you linked me shows how to do it too? Maybe I can make some of the boils glow yellow or green...? Hmm *ponders*
-Michael Thelissar
Sir_Carnifex
Posts: 469
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:02 pm
Location: Lurking and Watching with Intent to Smite

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by Sir_Carnifex »

If you ever need help with modeling -- questions, tutorials, etc., you can't go wrong here: http://www.rwscreations.com/RWSForum/
Retired Dungeon Master and Developer
Thrasher
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 am
Location: USA

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by Thrasher »

So I got the body of the little beast in the toolset Image As you can see I still have weighting issues to deal with. Head is giving me a headache as well, but I shall persevere. :ugeek:

And about those Chitines... 4 arms is def. gonna be a challenge. O_o

Update: Got the head in and cleaned up the skin weights a bit, going to be done with it tomorrow when I wake up. I need to stop playing on the server and get more stuff done. ;)

Image
Still unsure how to remove the armor attachments and the horns. Inventory maybe?
Last edited by Thrasher on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Michael Thelissar
adzling
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by adzling »

and now the REAL work begins!

nice to see your wip.

myself, im sitting here posting on the forums as i wait for some renders to finish for work.
http://bgtscc.fomwaa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=78
Welcome to Sshamath!
Thrasher
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 am
Location: USA

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by Thrasher »

Here's the file. I've been done with the weighting and getting his model/textures in game for a few days now. Only thing I still haven't done is update the dialog.tlk and appearance.2da. Anyone can put these files in their override and it'll replace the goblin model and textures. Check it out if you want. If someone would be willing to alter the 2da for me I'd be grateful. Been busy with other things at the time being x_x. I think the appearance.2da calls for a custom name for the custom creature (like c_grimlock for the models). I'll upload an altered name version here pretty soon.

http://www.subtlejustice.com/files/Grimlock.rar
-Michael Thelissar
adzling
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by adzling »

screenies?
http://bgtscc.fomwaa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=78
Welcome to Sshamath!
DrowChyld
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 10:15 am
Location: Cleveland Suburbs

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by DrowChyld »

Woah woah woah! BACK UP A SEC ...

o-owlbears?
Andreava Windsong - Champion druidess of Rillfane Rallathil, Circle of Shadowleaf

♥ A PROUD SPONSOR OF OWLBEARS EVERYWHERE ♥


WE WANT OWLBEARS My new login handle is Natural 20s
mar3usmc
Retired Staff
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by mar3usmc »

For someone so damn interested in Owlbears why don't you learn to model and make them for us eh? ;)
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by Eviloth »

I have had a first BAD attempt at modelling. I cried, and mainly laughed at how much work it would take for me to do something simple(or so I thought it would be simple).

KUDOS to all modellers!
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
DrowChyld
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 10:15 am
Location: Cleveland Suburbs

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by DrowChyld »

I second that. Art is not my strong point. Hell, I can't even wrap my head around the basics of photoshop. It is just not how I am wired *shrugs*

in the meantime I'll be chillin over here with E waiting for a fuzzy owlbear to chat with.

(P.S. Just installed Planescape Torment with some amazing mod guide I found! http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.com/200 ... odded.html )

Long live code-monkeys, modders, and modelers! Without u guys we would all be bored :shock:
Andreava Windsong - Champion druidess of Rillfane Rallathil, Circle of Shadowleaf

♥ A PROUD SPONSOR OF OWLBEARS EVERYWHERE ♥


WE WANT OWLBEARS My new login handle is Natural 20s
Thrasher
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 am
Location: USA

Re: Custom creature thread

Unread post by Thrasher »

Image
I still can't figure out where the stupid helmet/armor and horns are coming from. :evil:

I'm almost thinking of working with a different monster base just so I don't have to deal with that silly armor... Suggestions?
-Michael Thelissar

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”