Made the FAI Temple
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Hitman Hard
- Posts: 555
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:29 pm
- Location: Grueling Projects Fill My Void
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
Looking forward to seeing your creation, if we can't get people into the bar maybe the temple eh? 
Molder: Editor of The Tribune
Valiant: Shrewd, sadistic disguise-strategist; retiring
Valiant: Shrewd, sadistic disguise-strategist; retiring
Good guys are such cliche clones, inevitably.
-
Eclypticon
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
This is the basic design:



I will see what tweaking I can do later.



I will see what tweaking I can do later.
-
tfunke
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 2305
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
- Location: Australia- GMT+10
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
Looks close to the original, well done.
Perhaps some kemo chairs in there so PC's can sit or lay down as well. (we can throw them in just before it gets added if you don't have them.)
Perhaps some kemo chairs in there so PC's can sit or lay down as well. (we can throw them in just before it gets added if you don't have them.)
Per aspera ad astra
-
Eclypticon
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
Someone didn't like the floor; so, we could go with this instead:


-
LISA100595
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 5202
- Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
Oh dear lord no, change the floor back please. Other than the floor color.. nice job!
.
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
-
Lockonnow
- Posts: 3121
- Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:10 pm
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
oh well it look great i wonder if you could build me a temple of Blood *some one say that from the shadow plane*
-
Nomster
- Posts: 1941
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
Kemo chairs and some benches would be nice indeed, for those of us who like to rest a bit after being close to death 
I prefer the first floor, the other is too harsh. I do not see why anyone would not like the first floor, I find it fitting for a temple...
I prefer the first floor, the other is too harsh. I do not see why anyone would not like the first floor, I find it fitting for a temple...
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."
Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
-
Eclypticon
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
Ya, I need to look and see if I still have Kemo stuff.
-
LISA100595
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 5202
- Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
Yes to kemo chairs. The floor is kind of mustardy.. if that's a word. Try more of a taupe or cream would be nice. 
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
-
Eclypticon
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
Then there is this floor:


-
tfunke
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 2305
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
- Location: Australia- GMT+10
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
Just go with the first one, it's still the best.
When using tinting, you will often find that using darker colors looks better. Bright/light colors rarely look good.
When using tinting, you will often find that using darker colors looks better. Bright/light colors rarely look good.
Per aspera ad astra
-
Duster47
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
Definitely go with less saturated (softer) colors for walls and floors. You can also alter the apparent color by tinting the lighting from the torches, braziers, and such.
My engineering mind does not like the round columns being offset from the columns on the walls. If it was my area (and it is not) I would align them. I would also look for square columns and try taller versions which touch the ceiling. Keep your forms consistent. Also, structurally, things are far easier to build and keep standing if the various parts line up in neat squares, triangles and arches.
My engineering mind does not like the round columns being offset from the columns on the walls. If it was my area (and it is not) I would align them. I would also look for square columns and try taller versions which touch the ceiling. Keep your forms consistent. Also, structurally, things are far easier to build and keep standing if the various parts line up in neat squares, triangles and arches.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
-
Hitman Hard
- Posts: 555
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:29 pm
- Location: Grueling Projects Fill My Void
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
What everyone else said, it looks good and better than anything I could make.
Molder: Editor of The Tribune
Valiant: Shrewd, sadistic disguise-strategist; retiring
Valiant: Shrewd, sadistic disguise-strategist; retiring
Good guys are such cliche clones, inevitably.
-
Eclypticon
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple
Good point on the columns being aligned. I will see what I can do to fix that. Ideally, the ceiling would be much lower. Perhaps, I will make them thin and tall. That would open up a little room on the end points which could be a good place for some Kemo Chairs maybe. I have already had to make them walkable as navigation would be near impossible in such a small space. If it still looks good in the end, then I will post it. Ideally, the lighting should be minimal I think from a lore perspective. Unless I am wrong.Duster47 wrote:Definitely go with less saturated (softer) colors for walls and floors. You can also alter the apparent color by tinting the lighting from the torches, braziers, and such.
My engineering mind does not like the round columns being offset from the columns on the walls. If it was my area (and it is not) I would align them. I would also look for square columns and try taller versions which touch the ceiling. Keep your forms consistent. Also, structurally, things are far easier to build and keep standing if the various parts line up in neat squares, triangles and arches.
-
Eclypticon
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Attempting to Make the FAI Temple


I think they look better this way. They are not all the way to the ceiling, but since my view is cut, it looks odd when they go all the way.