MISSION
Maecius wrote:MISSION: My mission, as a DM, is very simple: I seek to bring the world of Baldur's Gate: The Sword Coast Chronicles to life for as many players as I am able. To this end, I will be running small "flavor" encounters -- interspersing Forgotten Realms lore and history into the encounter as I am able -- just as often as I will be running large events.
Do not be surprised if you run into a small group of bandits seeking shelter from the rain in a cave on one of your adventures; or a traveling ranger out in the woods; or a drunken brawl in one of the inns or taverns. I feel that these small encounters will do as much to bring the world alive for the players as will my larger, more player-centric "events."
And that, ultimately, is my goal as a DM: To create a more reactive and more real environment for you, the player.
SIMPLE GUIDELINES AND RULES FOR DM HEARTLESS' ROLEPLAY EVENTS
THE THREE GREATEST SINS
If you commit any of the following in my events you will get a very stern warning if you are first timer with me, and XP loss, even if it delevels you, if you have been with me before.NO RESTING!!!!
If you would like to rest because of extended RP and buffs ran out you may request a rest, which I will trigger on you. Never press your rest button in my events. Doing so will incur you an XP penalty.NO RESURECTION/RAISE SPELLS WITHOUT PROPER ROLEPLAY!!!
In any encounters, PvP or PvM, you are not to raise or resurrect any member in your party. All raises and resurrections in my events must be done at a temple OR if you have diamonds of any type worth 5000 gold total, 10,000 gold of diamonds total with holy water, or 25,000 of diamonds total with holy water for raise dead, resurrection, true resurrection (30 spellcraft min req. to RP) respectively, which will then be extensively Role Played out. Otherwise those that die in the event will stay dead throughout the event. You are always free to bow out at anytime and leave the event after death and go back to doing whatever. However, you will receive no XP or items from the event, and will incur the XP loss from death.Diamond Values for NWN2 in gold
- Diamond: 1000
- Canary Diamond: 3000
- Blue Diamond: 5000* (I am rounding)
NO STEALTH LIFTING BODIES!!!
This happens all too often. You may not stealth lift body by any means, which includes regular stealth mode, invisibility and variants, etherealness and variants. I will force NPCs in the area to attack you if you make any attempt to do this while I am present, event or not. One exception, if you grab the body, and THEN go invisible or ethereal I will accept ONE body, stealth doesn't count.SOME IMPORTANT GUIDELINES
- Role Play your stats and skills: If you have 8 Str, don't expect to be lifting any boulders, and if you have 8 Int I expect your language skills to be mediocre at best. If you don't have 1 point in lore, don't think your PC knows anything about things like the outer planes, and if you don't have 1 point in spell craft I don't care WHAT the mechanics tell you in your log, you can't identify spells. etc.. etc..
- Combat: There may be times in my roleplay events where combat can't be avoided, and death may have greater consequences besided a simple XP penalty. If that is such a case I will be sure to let you know well before hand and allow you an out from such consequences. However, with little risk there is no reward in my events.
- Dice Rolls: When I say roll, you roll then and there. You don't get to buff up, rest (see above) and buff, heal, remove penalties, etc... You roll in your current condition when I say roll. Also, DON'T ROLL unless you are asked to do so. I will ignore such rolls and know that seeing it irritates me. If you want to roll something, please ask first so I can decide on an appropriate dc check or counter roll.
- Don't feel restricted by the limitations of game mechanics: If you want to throw a chair at someone throw a chair. Jump out a window, go for it. I will do my best to emulate mechanically the actions you take. Don't ever think you can't do something because the code won't let you. Don't worry, we DMs can work magic
even if it all has to be typed out without any visualization. - DO NOT RUN!: unless there's a role play reason to do so. I need some time to prepare things in a dynamic event. For instance when i unleash 20 dragons at the same time on a group of helpless people you can of course run away, noone will think bad of you
, Ri762 - PnP SPELLS: Under certain circumstances i will allow them in my events, though you have to be prepared to pay in some way for them. Also keep in mind that those spells are not to be used outside of my events without consent by the involved players. And even in my events i may ask other participants if they are ok with it. This is still NWN2 and not PnP., Ri762 Also, if you are say a sorcerer you may use an item or scroll to try to replicate a PnP spell at my discretion.
- Use of old gear: This is a touchy subject, but this is the compromise I have come up with that I think is fair. If you are by yourself, or with a few others, in an event where all combat is directed at NPCs feel free to use the gear. I will adjust the NPCs accordingly. If you are in an event where you will be fighting other PCs, you are not to use any old gear not available any longer unless it is a custom plot item from another DM. Many of you may not like this, but I feel some of this old gear gives incredible advantages in combat against other PCs. For example, gear that imparts +8 to a particular stat when used, or the stealth short swords that give +6 to Hide and Move Silently that people duel wield. You may protest if you like but this is my personal DM policy, and you do not have to participate in my events. This is hard to police, although I do check inventories often and make mental notes. So I ask that you please show good form and do as I ask.
- Have Fun!: If you are not having fun in my event, but sure to let me know right away. It just may not be your type of event.
SIMPLE GUIDELINES AND RULES FOR DM HEARTLESS' HACK&SLASH EVENTS
All of the above still applies, but the goal of these events is not to develop any story-arc. It is simply to break the monotony of your, or your groups, grinding and provide you with a bit more of a challenge. I never set out to kill anyone/everyone. I always leave an out for players. RUNNING AWAY IS AN OPTION!!!, you may even get XP.
I do not write these events up unless they have some sort of significant RP and last for a few hours. Also, if I see large groups of people appearing out of no where trying to get in on the action, especially if they are beyond the CR of what I had intended, I will tend to just disappear. At that point I can't spawn anything that will be fun for all in the party. It is very hard to throw combat events for Parties that are 6+ with a large range of levels, if not impossible. Lag limits the number of spawns as well mind you.
Hopefully your group will develop some of your own RP from these little events. Perhaps, if you provide enough inspiration they can even turn into a Story-arc. Last, I do hope you have fun, even if you lose XP from death.
REQUESTING TECHNICAL SUPPORT FROM DM HEARTLESS
PRINT SCREEN
Print Screens are your friends ladies and gentlemen. I can not take your word for anything. If you lose an item, I need a print screen; Someone causing you problems, I need a print screen. I hope you get the point. I really do wish to help you, but there is only so much I can do without evidence.QUESTIONS
If you are reading this the following most likely doesn't apply to you, but I feel the need to write it anyhow. If you have any sort of general question, first, ask yourself "Can I google this and find the answer on my own quickly" if that answer is YES then do not ask me. If you have a general question that requires a more detailed answer, come onto the forums and post your question. Do not ask me these questions in game. For those who actually read the forums this keeps them from asking the same questions forcing us to repeat ourselves. This is a waste of our time. Instead we could be developing a story-arc, or trying to kill errr create a challenge for you. In Conclusion, please think before you ask a question, and try to be resourceful on your own. We really do appreciate it.
REQUEST FOR REBUILDS
Please see our policies on this. In General, if you want a rebuild with different classes and abilities you need to PM the DM Group so we can discuss it. Unless the Head DM approves you will not get such a rebuild and it is rarely granted. So please don't bother me in game about this.REQUESTS FOR XP,ITEMS, AND GOLD
These requests are not handled by me but my new pet shadow creature and his shadow army. If you request this from me ingame I will introduce you to them and they will handle it from there.