Hey all I made a custom painting. But I dont' know quite how to implement it into a module.
I have some generic placeables.2da
a .mdb and .dds file.
I was just seeing if I could make my own custom portrait but the tutorial I found seems to assume much for the one who is doing it.
Anyone familiar with this stuff at all?
Custom built painting
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Eviloth
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
- Location: Michigan, United States
Custom built painting
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
-
Blackman D
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 4818
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
- Location: IL
Re: Custom built painting
ive done it before, it requires you to mess with the 2DA and gets really touchy, like other things stop working kind of touchy so i never kept it
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
-
Mammothtruk
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 pm
- Location: US MFing A
Re: Custom built painting
there is a model cloning tool on the vault that you will need. Then you have to figure out the naming thing so the skin goes with the model youve cloned. And then adding it to the 2da so it appears in the toolset.
You all RP wrong and I RP right. If you arent me your failing.
The immunity keeps them from ever getting knocked down. - muffinFBSL
The immunity keeps them from ever getting knocked down. - muffinFBSL
-
Blackman D
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 4818
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
- Location: IL
Re: Custom built painting
yes thats the same thing i was talking about but again with the way it messes up the 2DA it might not be worth the trouble, especially if its something you are making for the server
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
-
Mammothtruk
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 pm
- Location: US MFing A
Re: Custom built painting
what is it that is messes up? Ive done a lot of 2da edits in my time and I havent run into this mess you speak of. As long as you use a 2da editor compatible with Nw2 2da files there should be no messing up of the 2da file.
You all RP wrong and I RP right. If you arent me your failing.
The immunity keeps them from ever getting knocked down. - muffinFBSL
The immunity keeps them from ever getting knocked down. - muffinFBSL
-
Blackman D
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 4818
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
- Location: IL
Re: Custom built painting
the problem i had was that it made other placeables disappear that were untouched
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
-
Eviloth
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
- Location: Michigan, United States
Re: Custom built painting
What they say to do is insert spaces between what you append at the bottom. I think they recommended 1000 spaces between yours and the untouched stuff. Yeah I was using that. I did that tutorial from the vault on it, but it really assumes too much of the person. I think they need to also provide maybe some files and also step by step for idiots like me.
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Custom built painting
Eviloth for your own testing purposes.. just put it at 1 or 2 in the 2DA.
Nobody is using them.
The easiest thing would be to find an existing paining in placables.2da, copy that line up to line 1.
And just replace the entries with your stuff.
So for example, maybe this would work. It's entry 689.
Copy that up to line 1.
Replace CityMPainting1 with what ever yours is called.
And replace PLC_MC_PAINTING1 with your model name.
Go into the toolkit after doing that (and have placables.2da) in your /override folder.
Copy any placable, and change it's appearance.
See if yours is there.
Let me know if you can't get it to work.
Nobody is using them.
The easiest thing would be to find an existing paining in placables.2da, copy that line up to line 1.
And just replace the entries with your stuff.
So for example, maybe this would work. It's entry 689.
Copy that up to line 1.
Replace CityMPainting1 with what ever yours is called.
And replace PLC_MC_PAINTING1 with your model name.
Go into the toolkit after doing that (and have placables.2da) in your /override folder.
Copy any placable, and change it's appearance.
See if yours is there.
Let me know if you can't get it to work.
Code: Select all
689 CityMPainting1 110956 0 0 PLC_MC_PAINTNG1 **** 0 **** **** **** **** 0 RESERVED **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** 0 ****