Changing apperance on special material items, any danger?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Arath.inc
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:58 am
- Location: Norway
Changing apperance on special material items, any danger?
I am wondering if there is any danger that something can happen to a special material item when you change the apperance? Like loss of stats or loss of the special material stat?
Player name: Arath.inc/thebittercold
-
Hydrocarbonated
- Posts: 1870
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm
Re: Changing apperance on special material items, any danger
Luna has modified the appearance changer to make sure this doesn't happen in 99% of test cases. If you're concerned about the possibility, make a screenshot of the item before and after - that way we'll have a record to use when refunding the 'broken' item.
So far, both mithral and adamantine have gone through 100% without any problems, as have all the weapon materials I've tried (Adamantine, Alchemical Silver, Cold Iron), so you should be fine.
So far, both mithral and adamantine have gone through 100% without any problems, as have all the weapon materials I've tried (Adamantine, Alchemical Silver, Cold Iron), so you should be fine.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Changing apperance on special material items, any danger
I think Adamantine shields lose their DR if you run it through the appearance changer.