Hello, I have noticed that I bring up the Baldur's Gate's population rather often. So, which source is more appropriate for our server?Simian Approbatur wrote:Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, 3.X Edition, page 225 wrote:Roughly 42 000 residents throughout the year.Forgotten Realms Adventures, AD&D, page 76 wrote:Population: Varies from 86,000 in the slow season to 115,000 at the height of summer (including a large transient merchant and seafaring population of all races except full orcs, illithids, and drow).
Baldur's Gate Population
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Simian
- Posts: 1439
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
- Location: On a Journey to the West
Baldur's Gate Population
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"
"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
-
Hydrocarbonated
- Posts: 1870
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm
Re: Baldur's Gate Population
We're on First Edition for timeline, so Second Edition is closer.
I can't explain the gap in population there, though, except to assume it was a retcon or plain overlooked. That's a pretty big change to be explained by normal means. I'd have to go through and compare other, similar cities to see if WOTC just cut them all down in size or if it was specific to Baldur's Gate.
I can't explain the gap in population there, though, except to assume it was a retcon or plain overlooked. That's a pretty big change to be explained by normal means. I'd have to go through and compare other, similar cities to see if WOTC just cut them all down in size or if it was specific to Baldur's Gate.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."