General Guidance (to Help Survive My Events)
Stay In-Character: When you're emoting or talking, do what your character would do. Don't worry if its a PC or an NPC. Don't worry if they're really cute and you might hurt their feelings IRL, I want to know what your character would do. Out of character, I expect you to be both cordial and respectful or I will remove you from my session. Also, for longer sessions I will call bio breaks, so you may then let the OOC banter fly (properly mark it as such) until the session resumes.
Stats: Play your character's stats. A score of 10 is average. 8 is below average. 18 and above is both rare and powerful. 25 and higher is amazingly rare, leading into epic. The only low stat that's tough to roleplay is Wisdom and I usually state "you're in need of a life coach and often make unwise decisions."
General Intent: You may ask what is possible for a situation if you give me your basic intentions. There is more to the world than what you can see with your client. An example of this is a tell to me with "I have a high Intelligence, could I surmise how to X?" Or I can instruct on a more general plan like: "We would like to setup an ambush, so we will be watching and listening for those coming down this road."
So You Rolled A One: I strongly appreciate a player who can roleplay a critical failure gracefully. Demigods and above may ignore this rule.
Take a 20: In my sessions, you are most always under a time constraint, so this will probably never be a rule you will be able to employ. Technically, it is allowed when non-threatened and you have sufficient time to perform the task. However, this is a beacon to me that you should be threatened and you have too much time on your hands.
Take a 10: My personal view is that this is a lazy rule. Never ask me for this. I greatly enjoy reacting to critical success and failure rolls.
Special Rules
Mercy Roll: I have a long-standing tradition of infrequently allowing a mercy die roll in my sessions to provide a fortunate turn of events. Send me a tell asking for such and I will roll for you. I roll a special die for this... it has been infused with the pain and tears of players over a decade, so I trust its wisdom. It's a minor artifact in my possession named the Yellow Die of Pain. Should it desire, I will grant fortune. However, should it critically fail on your behalf, the bad luck will spread to your companions.
"Greed = Death": My most common saying over the years and it follows with the BG:TSCC DM motto "IC actions have IC consequences." I will often allow you to perform dangerous actions in the name of personal gain and it is up to you to reign yourself in. I will sometimes be merciful and tell this to you before you finish doing something horrendously bad for you.
DM Mulciber's events
Moderators: Moderator, DM
-
Mulciber
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:31 pm
DM Mulciber's events
"Nor did he scape by all his engines, but was headlong sent,
With his industrious crew, to build in Hell."
-Milton, Paradise Lost
With his industrious crew, to build in Hell."
-Milton, Paradise Lost
-
Mulciber
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:31 pm
Re: DM Mulciber's events
Last eve I ran the first small-scale event in a plotline reacting to the "Danneren" family, events in the woods near Doron Amar, and a recent surge in "Bhaalist" activity. The attacks and abductions in the region seem to be growing in frequency.
The physical outcomes of which will be posted in guild forums.
The physical outcomes of which will be posted in guild forums.
"Nor did he scape by all his engines, but was headlong sent,
With his industrious crew, to build in Hell."
-Milton, Paradise Lost
With his industrious crew, to build in Hell."
-Milton, Paradise Lost