I know this is a lore question and not a BG:TSCC question but I thought I'd ask anyways!!
If a beholder had turned someone to stone with one of his eyes.... Could he then reverse the petrification by using his central "anti-magic" eye?
In the lore it says that the central eye will dispel magic and break any enchantments... so would the petrification ray fall under this theme?
I was creating a unique background for one of my characters and I wanted to add this. His skin has as lightly grayish tint from being petrified. Even after it was dispelled his skin was slightly gray. If it isn't possible I was going to come up with a way in which an adventuring party cast a powerful dispelling in an Beholders cavern near to all his petrified statues, there-by turning them to flesh again.
What do you guys think? Would only a stone-to-flesh scroll work? or would a powerful anti-magic eye beam do the same?
Thanks!
Question about Beholder's Central Eye
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Zhentil_Keep
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:54 am
- Location: Kingston, Ontario
Question about Beholder's Central Eye
Asparin Ravenwood, Human Acquisition Specialist
Xarak Shadowstalker, A recently "enlightened", former assassin of Malar the Beastlord
Gaedynn Coldstone, Frostfolk Icemage
Xarak Shadowstalker, A recently "enlightened", former assassin of Malar the Beastlord
Gaedynn Coldstone, Frostfolk Icemage
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Question about Beholder's Central Eye
* approved for replies *
-
Katzenjammer
- Posts: 706
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 9:03 pm
Re: Question about Beholder's Central Eye
The change into stone is a permanant one, so I don't think the antimagic eye would have any effect. It requires a reversal of the permanant effect to dispell it.
"A man is only as old as the women he feels." -Groucho Marx.
-
Blackman D
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 4818
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
- Location: IL
Re: Question about Beholder's Central Eye
my guess would be only flesh to stone since petrification is instantaneous and permanent, anti magic things usually only affect spells with actual duration
with any petrification spell after you fail or just become a victim like with the power word, for all intents and purposes you are just a stone statue then
with any petrification spell after you fail or just become a victim like with the power word, for all intents and purposes you are just a stone statue then
everyone is evil till proven otherwise