Hospitaler Class: Error

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Mungo
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:04 am

Hospitaler Class: Error

Unread post by Mungo »

Ok, so I took the plunge and tried out the newly Implemented Hospitaler class. At first I noticed that it's spell progression seemed to require the use of a feat. On further inspection the description of the feats didn't match up with the class description. It stated something to the effect that you will progress in divine spells for all of your levels but 1,5,9(1,5,9 are the levels where bonus feats are given). The class description only described 6 caster level progressions and a dm confirmed only 6 was the intent.

After seeing that I still went ahead hoping at the very least it may glitch in my favor :D Instead I received an error stating that I needed to choose a spell progression path and that a dialog would be launched for me to choose. The choice was never given. Print screen attached below.
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I do thank the Dm that gave me the delevel but I was hopeful for an xp refund. I lost over 4k xp but a refund of 4k would make me smile. Regardless of refund or not It looks like a fun class to progress and I wish the troubleshooter the best of luck.

To emulate this error I would say choose two classes with divine casting ability before leveling in hospitaler. My level progression was 4 paladin / 5 favored soul before the hospitaler level.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Hospitaler Class: Error

Unread post by Luna »

This class was a bit strange.
Which class do you want progression in.
I will fix it offline for you tomorrow night.

The way Kaedrin set it up, it kinds a bit confused with this class if you have two or more classes that can cast spells when you take it.

Or I didn't implement something correctly.

Thanks

Return to “Questions for DMs”