Druid Monstrous humanoid companions

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Grim
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Druid Monstrous humanoid companions

Unread post by Grim »

I noticed it mentioned that this was for UD as it's basically a "slave" but the real question I had is that since it mentions if your caught on the surface with it you're KOS, does that mean there's no RP involved at all in determining that the pet is indeed a slave? What makes it different then any other PC "monstrous humanoid" type of character (even though we don't currently have these... but still) It seems like being KOS'd just for having it without other players trying to determine anything about the pet would be a gross violation of metagaming.

Unless of course the pet has some distinctly evil look to it, or looks like a half naked slave clad in chains. Either way I thought it would be pretty hilarious for my evil halfling druid to have a giant sized man servant that I could try to play off as a "mute" adventuring companion, but I haven't had a chance yet to see it ingame (since the creation menu doesnt allow the viewing of custom animal companions) and didn't want to come walking out of town only to start getting driven into the ground by the town guards if they were set to auto kill these pets and their owners on sight either.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Druid Monstrous humanoid companions

Unread post by Luna »

The humanoid rotates through different races as you get stronger versions.

But just as an example one if a lizardman. One is a kobold.

I imagine if you wanted to try and pull it off as a slave you could try.
You probably just need to be very careful where you summon the companion.

Return to “Questions for DMs”