Appraise and Reputation

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

VinnytheSquid
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: California

Appraise and Reputation

Unread post by VinnytheSquid »

I was told by a player that there is a maximum benefit (price reduction) that the appraise skill provides. (i.e. after a certain appraise modifier is reached the price "bottoms out" or minimum price)

I have three questions:

1) Is this correct?
2) Does the Reputation ability of the Guild Thief stack with appraise skill reductions?
3) If so, does Reputation allow you to go below the minimum price (if there is one)?

Thanks!
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Appraise and Reputation

Unread post by Luna »

The buy back price caps out. So yes.. you can cap on a lot of items just because of the buy back price.

I would assume guild thief stack.

And there is no minimum price.
VinnytheSquid
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: California

Re: Appraise and Reputation

Unread post by VinnytheSquid »

Thanks Luna. I knew the merchants capped out when they buy something from a PC. I was more curious about when a PC buys something from a merchant, is there a minimum price for merchants selling items to PCs like they have a maximum purchase price when buying items from PCs.

Based on your response, I understand that there is not. Thanks again for the feedback!

Return to “Questions for DMs”