Just wondering; what's the ruling with Altered Beast builds now that the times have turned a bit? I'm talking about Warlock / Druid hybrids that use Magical Beast Shape and Natural Spell to blast things while shapeshifted to a wolf, spider etc.
Since we don't have Guttural Invocations - feat in place, this is the only reasonable way to cast invocations (blasts mainly) without exploiting the Quick Cast bar (which is forbidden and should be for all classes).
I think it would make sense if one makes a bit deeper story;
A chaotic neutral Leira worshipping druid with a hint of Fey dealings in his heritage. As an example. Or a neutral evil Malarite who's been dealing with the evil fey?
Cheers in advance,
Gottmoerder
Altered Beast - Ruling?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Gottmoerder
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:44 am
- Location: Finland
Altered Beast - Ruling?
In realms of Mordayn Vapor.. Rollin' DC 16's.. Groovy.
-
Simian
- Posts: 1439
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
- Location: On a Journey to the West
Re: Altered Beast - Ruling?
From the perspective of game mechanics... you can... In addition, Sorcerer/Duid in bear shape can cast Sorcerer spells.
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"
"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"