Morning!
I'm new to the server and just signed up for the forums. I apologize ahead of time if this is in the wrong thread. I am hatching an idea for my character Jania Jaddam that may involve a guild down the line and was wondering if I could have a little help. After searching the guild and guild hall threads I didn't quite see an appropriate place to post. I was wondering about maritime laws of the server regarding merchant ships. What taxes are involved? How often do they have to be paid? Are there any business permits or anything else like that? Also was curious about how much gold it would cost a character to put together a merchant ship? I would love to gain the information in character, but I know you all are busy and at this point I'm just one player so any direction or information on the topic, in game or forum would be much appreciated! Thanks for your time!
brightsurprise
Request for Plot Line Help
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
janiajaddam
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:01 am
- Location: D.C.
Request for Plot Line Help
"All my days I gots the grizzily words... Hijacked flavors that I'm flipping like birds..."
-
DM Protector
- Posts: 1893
- Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 pm
Re: Request for Plot Line Help
Most of the information you're requesting isn't available (it's not really been discussed). However, that's not saying such things can't be decided upon if the need arises for them to be.
As for the merchant ship, such would be considered a "guild" and, more specifically, a "guild hall", which would need to meet the following criteria:
As for the merchant ship, such would be considered a "guild" and, more specifically, a "guild hall", which would need to meet the following criteria:
The cost of the merchant ship varies on a few things which i'd be more than happy to further discuss with you over private messages.DM Mister Rogers wrote:Activity: A guild/faction must be active for a minimum of four months before that group is able to begin planning for the construction of a private guild/faction area. Once a guild/faction has proven they are "serious", discussions will begin about the creation of a guild/faction hall for that group.
http://bgtscc.net/posting.php?mode=quote&f=16&p=244691
Guild/Faction Hall Construction: After the four month period has passed, a guild/faction can begin IC discussions with an appropriate NPC about building a hall.
These discussions will include the amount of tiles the guild wants/is able to purchase. A "1x1" tile is worth 20,000g. This includes all placeables and helps to estimate how large the guild hall is going to be.
Guilds will also discuss with the NPCs what type of rooms they want (a meeting area, private quarters, etc), and other details.
[DM] Protector
Once you bring life into the world, you must protect it. We must protect it by changing the world.
"The Big P"
Once you bring life into the world, you must protect it. We must protect it by changing the world.
"The Big P"