Question about deleveling

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

jpmct
Recognized Donor
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Question about deleveling

Unread post by jpmct »

I know delevels are allowed at any time, but I suppose when one is deleveled the feats that came with levels being d'ed come off. Can one pick and choose which one's disappear if they are regularly taken, not comes with the class, feats? In my case, I want to delevel 2 levels of fighter and switch them to swashbuckler and I want Weapon Finesse to come off with my fighter levels since I'll get that one back, though I do not remember if I took that feat with a fighter level.

Lastly, I guess I can see why the Gods of the server might make one have to get to lvl 5 in Swashbuckler to get the 'Insightful Strike' feat, rather than the regular rule of getting it at lvl 3, as to keep Wizard types from getting +6 on damage from it with only 3 lvls of Swashbuckler. It would seem to me that the feat should be one get's one's INT bonus or one's DEX bonus, whichever is less, since you have to hit the spot one's INT picks out to get the bonus. My guy is a light weapon dual wielding dex type fighter who needs it now that his 'many swings, not too much dmg per swing' strategy is not working on things with DR, like yeti's and duegar and giants. Can I get it at lvl 3, since my guy is not a spellcaster, but a ranger/thief, at all, but just wants to be able to fight yetis and giants?
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Question about deleveling

Unread post by Luna »

Yes to the first Part.

No to the 2nd part. We don't really apply feats out of order to anyone.

Return to “Questions for DMs”