Skill checks
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Stonebar
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 938
- Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:10 am
Skill checks
Is it posable to hide the modifier for the skill checks. I'd like people to wonder if I got lucky or had a bad roll. It leaves people wondering, something I like, rather then them knowing every thing do to just one roll.
Forum name honors the Stonebar alliance. I'm not Stonebar
-
WeWhoEat
- Posts: 198
- Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:41 pm
Re: Skill checks
Leaving, of course, an indication for natural 1's and natural 20's, so we can know auto-fails or mega-rolls!
Lillith Azrael - Guide of Candlekeep
-
DM Fugue
- Posts: 1112
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:39 am
- Location: The Fudge Land
Re: Skill checks
It would have to scripted which might take some time.
Obviously from a utopic point of view, players wouldn't care about your modifier since there'd be 0 metagaming. Which I think is how you should see it ? All they have to know is if you made the DC or not. Let me also remind you that players are not required to do skill rolls unless they're asked for it in a DM event.
Obviously from a utopic point of view, players wouldn't care about your modifier since there'd be 0 metagaming. Which I think is how you should see it ? All they have to know is if you made the DC or not. Let me also remind you that players are not required to do skill rolls unless they're asked for it in a DM event.
And though I played the role,
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..