NPC Guard script about drawn weapons

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

BeefEater
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:21 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

NPC Guard script about drawn weapons

Unread post by BeefEater »

I thought staves were allowed to be equipped when walking in towns and cities, yet I have had the fist guards in the entrance to BG and along the trade way demand I remove my staff when going past them. I even got arrested once cause I was afk for awhile and did not respond fast enough for his liking.

So, are we allowed to wield a staff in cities, towns, and areas patrolled by the fists?
If so, can the script be fixed please?

The reason I ask is my staff has two spell slots and to lose those whenever I travel through an area with the above script is a bit troublesome.

Thanks.
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: NPC Guard script about drawn weapons

Unread post by Passiflora »

Sadly, I think the script checks if you have a "weapon" equiped. And a staff is a weapon. Not sure if it can be changed.
Go home and be a familly cat!
Muttley
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:38 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: NPC Guard script about drawn weapons

Unread post by Muttley »

You can get arrested for carrying spoons too.
Lockonnow wrote:Deers Friends of the sword coast you dont have to play all of the time the server will be there whan you sleep and work and think of how sexy it will be how to look at porn the server will be there
Aeb Ankor
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:13 am
Location: Idaho, USA

Re: NPC Guard script about drawn weapons

Unread post by Aeb Ankor »

It is illegal to carry even a stein in your hand around guards in BG... no drunks allowed.
"It is a good bet that I like your character, more than I like you... keep it IC and close to lore and we might stay friends."

"I hate snowflakes and butterflies, die die die!'


#OrcLivesMatter

Return to “Questions for DMs”