Hello! I'd like to ask the DM's something that I've been wondering about regarding druids and their views on monsterous creatures (namely trolls).
Do druids view trolls and other such monsters and simply a part of nature, and therefore something that must be protected? Or are they viewed as evil things that should be exterminated?
Because I've been RPing my druid as someone that would protect trolls from being exterminated and that they have a place in nature, just like anything else. There might be times when they need to be kept under control or else their numbers will unbalance the natural order (her excuse for going into the troll area and having to fight them), but she would be horrified at the thought of brutally hunting them down and killing them just to skin them and leave the carcase behind.
In other words, she'd never do the Thomas Tanner quest and would actually work to stop anyone she found who was skinning trolls for him. I was just wondering if lorewise this sounds like legit RP, or have I been misunderstanding the role of druids?
Thanks for any feedback!
Lore question about druids
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Bulldog241
- Posts: 204
- Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 am
Lore question about druids
"I have no idea what weapons World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein
-
DM Setanta
- Posts: 778
- Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:53 pm
Re: Lore question about druids
Most Druids would see them as evil creatures created by Vaprak the Destroyer, and not part of the Balance at all, but in fact foes to balance. However a shadow Druid may see them as better allys then a human.
“Knowledge is knowing the tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting in your fruit salad.”