\
"The Mirror of Galadriel"
Lady Galadriel: 'Many things I can command the Mirror to reveal,' she answered, 'and to some I can show what they desire to see. But the Mirror will also show things unbidden, and those are often stranger and more profitable than things which we wish to behold. What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, things that yet may be. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?'
PLAYER: 'I will look, if you council me to do so.
GALADRIEL: *She pours water into the bowl and breathes upon it stilling its surface*
PLAYER: I see...I see a paladin, she appears to be a good, law abiding citizen but she is sitting idly by while a helpless is murdered. Ah, it seems her deity has now forsaken her for her carelessness.'
GALADRIEL: 'How easily the proud are humbled. What else?'
PLAYER: 'Now the mirror shows me a priest. An unsavory follower of Talos wielding a mighty spear. Wait, maybe he is not so evil. Look! He is restoring life to a knight if Bahamut. A good Samaritan he is!'
GALADRIEL: 'Indeed a noble spirit.'
PLAYER: 'Oh wait...it appears Talos was dissatisfied with his kindness. He has lost favor as well.'
GALADRIEL: 'We all have a part to play. Play it well and the rewards can be great. Behold, a new image surfaces in the mirror. '
PLAYER: ' Yes, I see a young elf scout. He is in a terrible dark place of ash and bone. Is that Myrkul before him? Yes. It is. I'm sure. Oh, see here. Myrkul is flashing images of the young elves death. It seems the inexperienced fool came upon a group of seasoned adventurers fighting a great beast, a grand event, and thought to test his skill. It ended badly for him. Why would he do such a thing?"
GALADRIEL: 'Often the meek think themselves protected by the gods and safe from death. It is not always the case. The fool and his mortality are soon parted.'
PLAYER: 'The visions change yet again. I can see heroes remaining true to themselves. Playing their part in the world and being rewarded for doing so.'
GALADRIEL: ' I know what it is you've seen for it is also in my mind. But what is it that the mirror teaches you?'
PLAYER: 'Um...as long as I stay true to myself I will be rewarded?'
GALADRIEL: *smiles* 'This task was appointed to you, and if you do not find a way, no one will.
Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.'
(My events will not be rules heavy outside of SERVER RULES AND MECHANICS. This is your game and your world and you are ordered to have fun! RP not enforced but playing well could mean the difference between this DM rolling a 1d4 for rewards or picking up 1d100. )







