Is it legal for a dm to transfer your character to nexus?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

xLegionx
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:09 pm
Location: United States

Is it legal for a dm to transfer your character to nexus?

Unread post by xLegionx »

I'm just curious but I am wondering if it is really legal for a dm to transfer your character over to the nexus for rcp purposes. And reason being may be because the player made a really bad call on feats, skills, and his character is not maximizing his potential atm so I'm just wondering if it is ok to ask a dm to do this or could you get in trouble for it?
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war."

Loghain Keswick- Paladin of Tyr and Squire of the radiant heart-(biography-reediting)
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: Is it legal for a dm to transfer your character to nexus

Unread post by Passiflora »

Yes, you can ask a DM to get teleported back to the nexus for RCR purpose. You won't be on santa's naughties list if you ask such.

Just send a tell to one of our marvellous DM ingame, and with courtesy, ask if they have the time to do so.

(-:
Go home and be a familly cat!
CrispyWalrus
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:04 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Is it legal for a dm to transfer your character to nexus

Unread post by CrispyWalrus »

Besides a full rcr, which costs half your xp; if you only made your mistake on the last level or few instead of a port to the Nexus for rcr, a DM will also happily deduct xp for you (just don't expect any back ;)).

I've done this quite a bit if I mess a level up. I just do the math of how much I need to lose to put me 1 xp under that level up and shout the DM channel to see if one is available to deduct that much xp. Strangely many are quite enthusiastic at removing rather than giving xp. :lol:
Azrak Blackaxe, Dwarven Warrior Nyr Doch!
Deezgul Silverdelve, Dwarven Chanter The steel in dwarven spines
Fastolph "Sam" Ostgood, Hin Bladesman As good as his name... really
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Is it legal for a dm to transfer your character to nexus

Unread post by Luna »

I port. If I have time, I hold your gear to until you come back with your new character.
decado
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Is it legal for a dm to transfer your character to nexus

Unread post by decado »

Luna wrote:I port. If I have time, I hold your gear to until you come back with your new character.
Is it not a bit dangerous for a DM toon to do that? If the server crashes I think DM characters start with clean inventories?
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: Is it legal for a dm to transfer your character to nexus

Unread post by Passiflora »

decado wrote:
Luna wrote:I port. If I have time, I hold your gear to until you come back with your new character.
Is it not a bit dangerous for a DM toon to do that? If the server crashes I think DM characters start with clean inventories?
DMs save their characters whenever they take someone's inventory, in every cases.
Go home and be a familly cat!

Return to “Questions for DMs”