Gilthanus, disappointed in his failure to claim one at auction, walks into ThunderHammer's Smithy.
Excuse me Sir, I was wondering is I could commission you to create for me a Songblade, and What the cost of such would be?
I would like it to be made of Mithril if possible, with golden accents. It must be of a second tier enchantment with the ability to sing as it strikes, adding the power of my music to my attacks.
Along the length of the blade, I would like the following inscription: Amirama amemwla oilec, Sylaeny latyailnla -Where words fail, Music speaks - in elvish.
Would you be so kind as to tell me if such a thing is possible, and the cost please?
//Longsword +2 1d6 (or 1d4 depending on server rules) Sonic damage. Would prefer a VFX added to make it appear as if it sings if possible.
//I hope I am allowed to commission such a thing, if not, I apologize for wasting your time.
Possible weapon commissioning
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Gilthanus
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:22 pm
Possible weapon commissioning
I'm Gilthanus the bard, you've probably heard of me, I'm very famous.
-
DM Novus
- Posts: 2318
- Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:54 pm
Re: Possible weapon commissioning
Hello Gilthanus,
In short, custom gear is not "shoppable" from DMs.
Historically, however, items of value to particular PCs have been acquired through long-term DM involvement or events.
The item you are interested in--sword +2 EB with 1d4 sonic damage--is not that rare on this Server.
I would bet that, in all likelihood, if you setup a "Gilthanus seeks..." thread on the Auction House forum, or role played this in-game, you would soon fined a willing seller, if the trade price was right.
Good luck.
In short, custom gear is not "shoppable" from DMs.
Historically, however, items of value to particular PCs have been acquired through long-term DM involvement or events.
The item you are interested in--sword +2 EB with 1d4 sonic damage--is not that rare on this Server.
I would bet that, in all likelihood, if you setup a "Gilthanus seeks..." thread on the Auction House forum, or role played this in-game, you would soon fined a willing seller, if the trade price was right.
Good luck.
The most important post you will ever read:
THE LAWS OF THE LANDS (IC)
THE LAWS OF THE LANDS (IC)