Item Disappearing?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Squatfurd
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Item Disappearing?

Unread post by Squatfurd »

So the other day I found a nice dagger. (+3, extra lvl 1 ranger spell, massive critical 1d6)
I was going to auction it. I either did and it disappeared from the auction house. (a terrifying prospect) or I didn't because I already had 3 auctions up. (can't remember)

aaaaanyway, it either poofed from the AH, my inventory, or someone pickpocketed me while I wasn't paying attention/AFK. (I never even equipped it so I know for sure that it wasn't the appearance changer)

Has this sort of stuff happened before? How do I prevent it/protect myself from pickpockets?
Is there a way to get an item back after something like this happens?

I mean, i could take a screenshot of every good Item I get,but what's to prevent people (me in this case) from just selling it and saying it disappeared?

I just started playing about a month ago and it's pretty devastating to have the best item you've ever found to go *POOF* :shock:
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Item Disappearing?

Unread post by breteas »

aaaaanyway, it either poofed from the AH, my inventory, or someone pickpocketed me while I wasn't paying attention/AFK. (I never even equipped it so I know for sure that it wasn't the appearance changer)
Items cannot be stolen from characters. If you are afk with the sign up, players will be killed and sent to the fugue if they try to steal from you.
Has this sort of stuff happened before? How do I prevent it/protect myself from pickpockets? Is there a way to get an item back after something like this happens?
The spot skill can counter a Sleight of hand. If you roll high enough that is.

Yes, it has happened before. The most common case of this happening is when you use the appearance changer. Sometimes lag or game crashes may cause you to lose items as well.

Screenshot valuable items. If you lose the item, you can PM the team your screenshot, and in most cases will be granted your item back. ;)
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: Item Disappearing?

Unread post by Passiflora »

Sometimes Items will vanish from inventory, too. You will see a notification "Lost X item". Take a screenshot and send it to the DM team.

I approved Bre's post because what he says is true information too.
Go home and be a familly cat!
User avatar
Blame The Rogue
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am

Re: Item Disappearing?

Unread post by Blame The Rogue »

also, pickpockets can only take small amounts of gold, that's it. they cant steal items here
"Before you die, you should know why you lived."

Return to “Questions for DMs”