Regarding DM plots etc.

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Considerate_
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:51 am

Regarding DM plots etc.

Unread post by Considerate_ »

When I play my bard on the server, I occasionally browse through the DM Rumour section etc. to find some spicy rumours to spread in game - figuring it's one of the rolls of my character in the setting.

However, I got to thinking - when reading through the DM section there's all kinds of groovy quests that's been going on. Would it be possible to make up stories/songs/etc. about some of those adventures in an anonymous form?

It would be without names, and quite possibly a lot of artistic license as my character interprets/overplays certain aspects etc.

I just think it's more entertaining for my character to tell stories that actually happened on the server, instead of making fictional stories that never took place in the already fictional world.

Or would that be considered meta-gaming?
Tamara - "I've seen colours you would never dream of"
Neschera - "Logic can bring you from one step to the next, creativity can bring you from anywhere to everywhere"
DM Nilbog
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Re: Regarding DM plots etc.

Unread post by DM Nilbog »

Anything in the rumor section is something you may hear on the street in a tavern ETC... Anything posted there is fair game.
Considerate_
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:51 am

Re: Regarding DM plots etc.

Unread post by Considerate_ »

I might've written that a little confusing, I'll try to clarify :)


I already RP knowing stuff from the rumour section, being a bard it makes sense my character has this kind of knowledge.

What I wonder is, all the short stories posted under the DM section [quote=http://bgtscc.net/viewforum.php?f=15]here[/quote], is it permissible for me to use these as stories? In a slightly/majorly altered version.
Tamara - "I've seen colours you would never dream of"
Neschera - "Logic can bring you from one step to the next, creativity can bring you from anywhere to everywhere"
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Regarding DM plots etc.

Unread post by Maecius »

Typically? No. The DM writeups can't be assumed to be public knowledge unless they explicitly state that they are.

As a bard with ties into the city, though, you might be interested in joining the Courtiers of the Realm group, if you haven't already.

PM the DM team a reason as to why you feel your character would have access to courtly rumors and high-brow gossip, and you can be added to the group.

Return to “Questions for DMs”