Get rid of the lame shadow summon with Vampiric Feast?

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Get rid of the lame shadow summon with Vampiric Feast?

Yes, please get rid of the lame shadow summon!
17
55%
Don't care! Next question!
2
6%
No, suck it up winey and now I want to stab you in the neck!
6
19%
My waffles done!
5
16%
The Strokes are the best!
1
3%
 
Total votes: 31

ohboy007
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Get rid of the lame shadow summon with Vampiric Feast?

Unread post by ohboy007 »

Who doesn't hate that dumb lame shadow after you drain a mob of monsters with vampiric Feast? Is it even possible to code that? I wouldn't mind it if it was an additional summon, just because for RP reasons it's pretty baddass to rip someone's essence out of them and then make them your pet. :evil: But with the game mechanics of NWN2, it just becomes kind of lame to have your fully buffed summon go *poof* and be replaced by a horrendously weak shadow. I can live with it, but if enough people hate it, maybe they can change it or something. Thx for any input!
The Red Sorceress Sabel Faeria

Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)

"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."


Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)

"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
DM Mouse
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Get rid of the lame shadow summon with Vampiric Feast?

Unread post by DM Mouse »

It would be possible probably too make it not blow up your existing summon, but it probably would just be easier to remove it.
DM Mouse
Please be sure you are up to date with Server Rules & Information (updated Aug. 25th, 2014), these also apply to the forums!
Of particular interest are the Forum Rules which everyone posting here must know.
ohboy007
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Get rid of the lame shadow summon with Vampiric Feast?

Unread post by ohboy007 »

DM Mouse wrote:It would be possible probably too make it not blow up your existing summon, but it probably would just be easier to remove it.
Would be cool!
The Red Sorceress Sabel Faeria

Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)

"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."


Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)

"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
ohboy007
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Get rid of the lame shadow summon with Vampiric Feast?

Unread post by ohboy007 »

Well, it seems so far there is a tie between stabbing me in the neck, and getting rid of the lame shadow summon, or codeing it in a way to not make your previous summon dissapear. :twisted: This poll also shows so far that some people like waffles, and they just happen to be done. But no love for the Strokes? That's the final straw! :evil:
The Red Sorceress Sabel Faeria

Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)

"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."


Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)

"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
illithid
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:21 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Get rid of the lame shadow summon with Vampiric Feast?

Unread post by illithid »

I voted for The Strokes by accident... I thought it said The Shins. Can I recast my vote? or at least get a free waffle or something?

But, yes, It seems an unforseen circumstance to have your high level summon removed by a lower level one due to of Vamp feast. Perhaps treat it like death knell and have a +something effect on a failed save, or just get rid, it is a very powerful spell without the summon anyways
I never make mistakes…I thought I did once; but I was wrong.
ohboy007
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Get rid of the lame shadow summon with Vampiric Feast?

Unread post by ohboy007 »

illithid wrote:I voted for The Strokes by accident... I thought it said The Shins. Can I recast my vote? or at least get a free waffle or something?

But, yes, It seems an unforseen circumstance to have your high level summon removed by a lower level one due to of Vamp feast. Perhaps treat it like death knell and have a +something effect on a failed save, or just get rid, it is a very powerful spell without the summon anyways
Nope, now you stuck with that band. Check for tour dates near you! :mrgreen: And I agree with what you said...
The Red Sorceress Sabel Faeria

Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)

"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."


Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)

"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
mrieder79
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 am

Re: Get rid of the lame shadow summon with Vampiric Feast?

Unread post by mrieder79 »

I *think* it is possible to code it such that it gets added on as an additional summons. If we made the duration short (6 sec/level) or something like that it wouldn't be too OP to add it as an additional especially if it is a weak summons.

If it cannot be added as an additional, then I am in agreement with removing the summons altogether.
ohboy007
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Get rid of the lame shadow summon with Vampiric Feast?

Unread post by ohboy007 »

Hm seems my neck is looking safer and will probably be a lot less sore. The "removers" are pounding away at the "stabbers in the neck" while the "waffle people" grab a chair to hit both of them in the back. Folks! It's a massacre here at Ringside! Who will win?! *gasp* nobody knooooows...
The Red Sorceress Sabel Faeria

Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)

"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."


Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)

"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”