Language Change

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

User avatar
Akroma666
Posts: 1888
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: California

Language Change

Unread post by Akroma666 »

So I started a human female who I want to be a follower of Shar, (Anctiously awaiting the new class!) who speaks Sharrite and Thayan. I was wondering If I could get the Thayan switched to Undercommon? I want her to be an underground darkness dweller.
Storm - The Blade Flurry
Druegar Grizzleclaw - The Mountain Ruin Tsar
Akroma Thuul - The Creepy Enchanter
Liliana Duskblade - The B*tch of Bane
Jamie Dawnbringer - The Light in the Darkness
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Language Change

Unread post by Maecius »

DMs do not usually change languages, as it requires a workaround for a DM to remove a language from a PC (the "remove language" function does not work). Not all of the DMs are fully aware of this workaround either, since it's not utilized very often.

Find me in-game sometime and I will help you with this if I have the time. You can ask other DMs as well, as some of them will know how to do this.
sobebop
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:22 pm
Location: Dallas TX

Re: Language Change

Unread post by sobebop »

why are languages not available to all races?

for instances, my air genasi was not able to select elven, dwarven, orchish, and several others at creation, but i was able to select about 20 languages i have no idea what they are!

i had to go out of the game, and google all/most of them.

but my main question is why was i not able to select the other player race languages with a genasi? ive been able to with other races, for instances, a hin i used to play had no problems selecting elven, orchis, dwarven, etc.
Azmodeth wrote:we have insane amounts of dm love
Gustov Windsong - Known windsoul master crossbow sniper, and wizard of some power - Bio

Return to “Questions for DMs”