When is PvP over, Can a person resume fighting if healed?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

mrieder79
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 am

When is PvP over, Can a person resume fighting if healed?

Unread post by mrieder79 »

Hello,

I want to be clear that this post is not a complaint. It is based on a PvP incident which raised two important questions. This PvP was between myself and a group of 5 or so others. The one who raised the question is a player who has been on the server for longer than I have been.

Here is the scenario:

I and a friend were both killing giants with our vampire summons. We were clearly allied with the vampires and another group hostiled us and attacked legally. We were forced to flee the area as both of us were out of spells. Neither of us were killed during the escape.

We rested and then proceeded to track the party who attacked us. Since they were not at the hill giant area we reasoned they had proceeded further. We spotted them at the entrance to the lizard caves and attacked them. During the fight I defeated one of the players and she went into the "gasp...gasp...gasp" deal. One of her fellow party members healed her and she re-entered the fight. The Pvp ended a few minutes later with my friend and I leaving the area.

There are more details, but I have left them out for the sake of brevity.

Questions:

1) Was it legal for us to engage the party in PvP after having fled the first time? If so I think the PvP rules should be amended to explain that fleeing the field of battle constitutes a loss and the 24 hour rule is then in effect.

2) When is a player officially "out of the fight"? I thought once you reduced a foe to 0 hp, that was it. Can allies heal each other and re-enter the fight? The PvP rules probably should include something abotu this question as well because I have had several people pop back up and rejoin the fray in the past.

Again, I am not complaining. The PvP was over all a good experience and everyone parted on good terms. I just think that the rules could be more specific about these few areas.
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: When is PvP over, Can a person resume fighting if healed

Unread post by Passiflora »

I'll awnser you to the best of my knowlenge.

A DM might contradict me though if it changed since I stopped DMing.


1)

No, it isn't legal. If you flee a PVP, there's no 24 hour rules that needs to be applied considering no one died, but upon your next encounter with the ennemy party, you -must- give them a RP out before pvping with them again.

Failure to do so goes against the pvp rules.

2)

When a character is killed in PvP, the winning player decides if the victim is dead or uncouncious. The 24 hour rule will also apply, so they can't come back into the same fight even if raised (healing kits won't resurect dead characters).

This goes against the rules.


I hope my awnsers help.
Go home and be a familly cat!
mrieder79
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 am

Re: When is PvP over, Can a person resume fighting if healed

Unread post by mrieder79 »

Thank you for your answers. They clarified things perfectly for me. I am going to assume that since none of the active DM team added anything that DM Passiflora's answer is the official ruling of the DM team and will abide accordingly.

Thank you for your patience and time.

Return to “Questions for DMs”