Hideous Blow script

Information and Discussion Relating to NWN2 Scripting and Coding

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Slade
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:13 pm

Hideous Blow script

Unread post by Slade »

I dusted off my warlock the other day and noticed that Hideous Blow is still calculating its DC based on the last spell cast, rather than the invocation applied to the blow.

So for instance, if I cast Flee the Scene, my Noxious Hideous Blow will have a DC of 19 rather than the expected 24.

Anyway, since I have a bit of free time, I was wondering I could get a copy of the script code and see if I can't see what it's doing? (I do a lot of scientific programming in C++.)

Thanks.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Hideous Blow script

Unread post by Luna »

No. The warlock code is the worst to look at.

I honestly think I'd be saving you a major head ache.

Can you ping Rasael the issue. He is pretty familiar with it and probably can fix it.
User avatar
Rasael
Retired Staff
Posts: 8096
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Leiden, Netherlands

Re: Hideous Blow script

Unread post by Rasael »

Hey, the way hideous Blow works regarding your CL is hardcoded so there is not much you can do codewise to adjust that. But I have thought of a way to cheat the engine in this regard, which might work. If I find the time to test it, and it works, I'll send it over to Luna :)

Return to “NWN2 Scripting”